New member from Memphis Tn, 1st Gen montero

TheCelt

Hi all been lurking for a while decided to post up. I'm from Memphis tn and I've only had my Montero for about 2 months or so, been out of town working so the build is slow going. Anyways she's a 91 LS with only 122,*** miles, only 300 are mine. Went to Hamburg AK (230 miles) to get her and took the risk to drive her back to Memphis put about 50 miles and was happy as can be. Gave me time to try out the bouncy seat thing is awesome. Anyways I'm babbling thanks for having me here. Pics are in my album

newworld2004

Adventurer
Wow 3 months and not a single welcome. Thats says a lot, with 240 views. Maybe it's just me but I was expecting different. I was raised that when somebody introduce themselves the right thing to do is say hello at least. Maybe I was raised wrong, or maybe I'm just on the wrong forum.

Welcome aboard, I don't own Montero yet, but I am hoping I can get one soon as I am still looking for perfect one, again Welcome and congratulation on your purchase.

TheCelt

Thanks for the welcome!! Finding one did prove hard for me. Well one that wasn't clapped out. Took me almost a year to find one kinda of close, (within 6 hour drive) with out a million miles on it.

AlwaysEntropy

Timid Observer
Hey TheCelt,
Just picked up a '91 RS myself. While it isn't running too smoothly right now, blown HG, I was able to drive it about 5 miles home and really liked it! Are you planning on building up? Trying to get an idea of what to do with mine. Long-term is swapping in some 2.5 gen stuff but first things first, get it running!

TheCelt

Hey TheCelt,
Just picked up a '91 RS myself. While it isn't running too smoothly right now, blown HG, I was able to drive it about 5 miles home and really liked it! Are you planning on building up? Trying to get an idea of what to do with mine. Long-term is swapping in some 2.5 gen stuff but first things first, get it running!

Awesome! Well to you getting one not the blown head gasket part. Yes I've already started building on mine. Here is how mine sits as of yesterday IMG_20151126_141659.jpgIMG_20151126_141712.jpgIMG_20151126_141659.jpgIMG_20151126_141712.jpg

TheCelt

Not yet as I'm still planning it out. As for now it's just stock ish. I did make a stainless steel fold down table.IMG_20151001_171405.jpgIMG_20151001_171431.jpgIMG_20151001_171931.jpg
And I'm building some drawers for the back to store my gear.IMG_20151218_160043.jpgIMG_20151220_173053.jpg just waiting on the slides to get here and build up the frame.

TheCelt

Thanks! Yes I built them. I didn't want to pay $1000+ for them. I'm a fabricator and have barrels of scrap to use.

Senor Carey

Observer
Great battery box. I was starting make one for another project of mine, but decided to use a different type of battery instead. Your truck looks great and you obviously put a lot of attention to detail in your work. Kudos!

TheCelt

Thanks a lot! I have built stuff then gone a different way many times. I try to reuse and make something else from it.

TheCelt

I'm going to be running a 63 quart fridge in the back for my trips, and it will run the camping lights under the awning and rear work lights. Charging ports for phones and what ever else. As far as the update electrical system it's pretty much a separate system. There is a blue sea fuse block going in the rear, a isolator between the two batteries so as not to drain the starter battery. Then after the starter battery gets charged up after starting it allows the auxiliary battery to be charged. Thats about it in a but shell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman