New Member from SF Bay Area

Jelorian

Adventurer
Hello!

Picked up a 2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 about a year ago. Bought to be primarily used as the family weekend vehicle. Love to go camping. She was bone stock when I got her and she currently has about 115k miles. I'm slowly building her up to be somewhat capable in the dirt but nothing crazy.

Over the year that I've owned her, I've added the following:

-aftermarket keys for the front
-2" spacers rear
-5100 Bilsteins all around
-K&N Filter
-Flowmaster 50 Series
-N-Fab Pre-runner Lightbar
-3 x Pro Comp 130 Driving Lights
-Dual Battery
-Moog Front Sway Bar Links

Future upgrades are:

-rear roof rack light mod
-rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
-roof cargo rack
-on board air compressor
-wheel and tire upgrade from 265/70R17 to 285/70/R198 with all terrains
-GMT900 front brake upgrade
-CB radio
-HAM radio
-Trailblazer SS throttle body
-Black Bear Tune

I'm sure that I'll end up with more ideas now that I've joined this forum.

I'm still green when it comes to back country exploring, but I do have a little experience roaming around in the Sierras with my 2006 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab (you will be missed).

Looking forward to learning a whole lot from everyone and maybe even contribute if I feel I have some level of competence! Haha!

Cheers!

Jel

Attachments

• 20160115_112203.jpg
    20160115_112203.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Tazman

Adventurer
Welcome to the group. I right around the corner from you in Napa. Waiting for my Kimberley S3 to be delivered than I'm heading East to Overland Expo. Maybe I'll bump into you at some point. Will be at the Outdoor Expo in Sacramento this Thursday then heading to Yosemite for 3 days. Not roughing it because it is my Anniversary but next year, taking the Kimberley.

Jelorian

Adventurer
Welcome to the group. I right around the corner from you in Napa. Waiting for my Kimberley S3 to be delivered than I'm heading East to Overland Expo. Maybe I'll bump into you at some point. Will be at the Outdoor Expo in Sacramento this Thursday then heading to Yosemite for 3 days. Not roughing it because it is my Anniversary but next year, taking the Kimberley.

Tazman, thanks for the warm welcome. Never heard of the Kimberley's since I'm so new to this but man those are some nice trailers!

I was thinking of checking out the Outdoor Expo in Sac but I would much rather go to the Overland Expo. Unfortunately this year it lands on a date where I'm already committed. Will have to try for next year and by then I'm hoping my rig will be well on it's way to getting where I want it to be.

I've never been to Yosemite this time of the year. I'm sure it must be stunning with all the snow.

Cheers!

Jel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears