New member hello with 96 LR Disco 5speed!

Spenser

Adventurer
Quick question for those of you that have the wet okoles-dont they get pretty hot and sweaty in the summer, since they are neoprene? I am a large person that can sweat just thinking about sweat and would like to get them but see my back looking like a scalded pig when I get out of the car. Just curious because I have never seen them but need seat covers from my jeep.

rripatti

Observer
I'll let you know come summer time :)

From what I have read the neoprene does not conduct or retain either cold or heat at least in theory. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Spenser said:
Quick question for those of you that have the wet okoles-dont they get pretty hot and sweaty in the summer, since they are neoprene? I am a large person that can sweat just thinking about sweat and would like to get them but see my back looking like a scalded pig when I get out of the car. Just curious because I have never seen them but need seat covers from my jeep.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
rripatti said:
I'll let you know come summer time :)

From what I have read the neoprene does not conduct or retain either cold or heat at least in theory. I'm looking forward to finding out.

I would think it would be cooler than leather or vinyl.

When you ordered the covers did you call and order or do it online? I am thinking of doing the same for my Defender.

rripatti

Observer
I intially emailed them and then called them directly as I wanted to ensure that i was getting exactly what i wanted. they have so many different combinations that it gets confusing online.

hope that helps.

kellymoe said:
I would think it would be cooler than leather or vinyl.

When you ordered the covers did you call and order or do it online? I am thinking of doing the same for my Defender.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Thanks, when I get ready to do it I will give them a call.

rripatti said:
I intially emailed them and then called them directly as I wanted to ensure that i was getting exactly what i wanted. they have so many different combinations that it gets confusing online.

hope that helps.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
rripatti said:
I dig these seat covers so much i'm considering having them custom do my headrests!

From my initial impression, i heavily recommend these seat covers despite the hefty initial price. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks rripatti, great report and photos.

Wet Okoles are now near the top of my list for the truck. I have the Toyota TRD seats and they get discolored if they get the least bit wet, I have no idea why. Now I need to decide what color to get, I was going to go with a standard grey that would match the seats color, but I am kind of thinking about going with black. Black with grey piping would look sharp and would be different.

rripatti

Observer
Hi there,

I can definitely tell you that in the flesh the full piping makes the seat covers look very smart! after a week of use now, i still love how they maintain form and don't budge despite my 245lbs. also, i hit the gym 5-6 days a week and come back soaked and their is no discoloration or even the typical gym smell! :wings:

plus during our last snow storm on Sunday, they got covered in snow from my passengers and they just shrug it off. i love these things!

Overland Hadley said:
Thanks rripatti, great report and photos.

Wet Okoles are now near the top of my list for the truck. I have the Toyota TRD seats and they get discolored if they get the least bit wet, I have no idea why. Now I need to decide what color to get, I was going to go with a standard grey that would match the seats color, but I am kind of thinking about going with black. Black with grey piping would look sharp and would be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179