New member intro ! Montero 4x4 !

6G74_Monty

Wassup guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the club. names Mike and i own a 95 Montero SR, my dad bought the car originally in 95 for 38k new in miami. When i turned 15 i learned how to drive in it but at 16 for my birthday i got an clk430 benz so the monty when to shed and never again saw light. at 19 i moved here to Costa rica for Medical school and i began to experience the off road life. i really got into it and ended up exporting the monty out here.

currently im 22 and im a proud owner of a 6g74 3.5l DOHC, rear locker monty!

Evo666

Observer
Welcome! Would like to see some pictures as well.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

6G74_Monty

those are some old pics of her when she got to Costa rica, now she got the paint buffed a coat of clear coat and all the bottom grey trim painted semi-matte black. i also had the motor rebuilt with bigger pistons, matching port and polish, minor bore and higher compression, i also did the "deck plate mod" on the intake and is looking to do full headers and exhaust soon enough!

6G74_Monty

This is the monster going in after being completely built, currently the chassis has 130k miles and 3k miles on the motor!
IMG_0673.jpg

6G74_Monty

nwoods i originally was going to drive her over here but the motor was in no condition for such a trip i blew a piston first trip in CR so i was forced to have her rebuilt but im glad because its making more power than ever...

ill definitely get some day time pics tomrw on my little trip and post them. is there any easier way to post a vid then first posting it on youtube, im trying to upload a vid of my stock exhaust, sounds so nice with the engine modification i can't wait to her it after the bolt ons. as far as headers an exhaust Black Zj im getting customs headers and 2.5" mandrel bent pipes with a magna flow cat and a muffler for 600$, im currently speaking to the shop and they said if i can 10 people to buy they'll make a set and sell them exclusively for the 6g74 monteros and will cost around 300$ a set.

6G74_Monty

300$ for the set of headers only *

List of future mods
OME suspension + customs longer torsion bars
Custom headers + full exhuast
Custom rock sliders
and some meaty 31x12.5r15 tires!

hopefully will have all those done this year, which by the way i wish everyone a blessing new year !

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
300$ for the set of headers only *

List of future mods
OME suspension + customs longer torsion bars
Custom headers + full exhuast
Custom rock sliders
and some meaty 31x12.5r15 tires!

hopefully will have all those done this year, which by the way i wish everyone a blessing new year !

It's going to look funny with a lift and some tiny 31 inch tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior