New member intro ! Montero 4x4 !

6G74_Monty

Reason is guys, this car is my daily driver i drive from the university to hospitals to home everyday. i want a highway tire "feel" with the ocasional off road capability... i mean I've taking her to pretty crazy spots in my stock 265/70r15 bfg all terrains so im sure the extra 2" in diameter and 2.5" in width will be just what i need. Also i don't want to change gearing and keep it as fuel efficient as possible as gas is 2$ a liter here ! Plus OME only raises 1.25" so it will look pretty much as stock.

Gusp

New-B

Hello There Folks, My Name is Gus and I own a 2001 Montero XLS 4X4. Looking for Lots of Information here so I may have Lots & Lots of Questions...
Nuevo Amor.JPG

Look Forward To Chatting Guys..

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Go with at least a 32". 31's were a factory stock size for the Montero, as listed in my owner's manual as the optional tires.

Not only will it look funny, but if you think you need any sort of lift for the off roading you may do, then tire size will give your axles/diffs more ground clearance.

Additionally, highway MPG should go up slightly with a larger tire.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I just googled them yesterday and saw some on eBay Aus. I've seen them here and there over the years, you just have to dig a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior