New Motor For Land Cruiser 100 Series

kingkonger708

Hi there - my 2000 Land Cruiser's motor is toast and am considering my options. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about sourcing a low mileage engine (100k miles or less)? My LC is a 2000, would the higher horsepower VVT engine used in 2005 and 2006 be a bolt in replacement (looking for a direct bolt in without any modification)? What year Tundra or Sequia engines would be a direct bolt in (if any)?

Bretthn

Explorer
There was someone that posted in Ih8mud a year or so ago that put the 4.7 liter out of a Tundra in his 100 series. If I recall he went from non VVT to VVT at the same time. I would search there.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Why not a 5.3 Chevy swap?

From what i've read its the less glamorous but much cheaper way to go.

You really think it would be cheaper to do a swap to a late model Chev motor, than to just bolt in another Toyota 4.7? I'm going to have to say I highly doubt there would be anything easy about that swap.

JLee

Adventurer
You really think it would be cheaper to do a swap to a late model Chev motor, than to just bolt in another Toyota 4.7? I'm going to have to say I highly doubt there would be anything easy about that swap.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooope. I would put another Toyota motor in.

NCFJ

Adventurer
I would put a pull out Toyota motor in it and I do Vortec swaps for a living. One Man's opinion

RotorHead04

Observer
If you're looking for serious power, reliability, and longevity skip the 4.7 and LS swap and drop in a PT6. They run off Jet A so its pretty much a diesel swap.

I too am curious as to what killed your motor. How many miles? I have a 2000 LC with +191k and it still seems to be running fine. Maybe if you're extremely lucky you can find an older Tundra motor with the factory supercharger!

suprarx7nut

What about a rebuild? Unless the block is damaged a rebuild seems like the simplest solution. Then again, I've never opened a 2UZ.

Hopefully op delivers some additional details...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mike M

I just joined forum. I have a 2001 LC and at 151,000 the crank shaft bearings failed. I bought the LC from and older couple with 98,000. They took very good care of it and I did too.
Friend found a 4.7 block and I got an engine built. After 8,000 miles, coolant is pouring out exhaust manifold. Don't know what I'm going to do next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12