NEW - NATO Style 20L Steel Fuel Jerry Cans - Olive Green - Seattle - $65

upcountry

Explorer
Price change - $50 - that's what I paid for them from Deutsche Optik. I had them listed at $65 to avoid low-ball offers wasting my time. I am selling for $50. Please dont offer $45 - I am selling for $50. If I dont sell them for $50 them I will keep them.

Deutsche Optik sells 4 of these for $200 and the price includes shipping. I only need one and am selling the other 3 for what Deutsche Optik sells them for.

1) They are NEW.

2) They are Olive Green.

3) They are steel.

4) There are three of them.

5) They are for sale for $50 each.

PM me if interested - Located in Seattle

LOCAL sale only.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20120430_153640.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153640.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20120430_153701.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153701.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20120430_153715.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153715.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20120430_153732.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153732.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20120430_153813.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153813.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20120430_153836.jpg
    IMG_20120430_153836.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

CAP650

Observer
Just out of curiosity, what should these be used for since one image shows the can reading "NOT FOR FUEL"?

DCH109

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity, what should these be used for since one image shows the can reading "NOT FOR FUEL"?

You know i was thinking the same thing, and i usually do not do this by give us one good reason this is a deal. they sell new from Atlantic British with the same stamp on the side for 40 bucks.

upcountry

Explorer
You know i was thinking the same thing, and i usually do not do this by give us one good reason this is a deal. they sell new from Atlantic British with the same stamp on the side for 40 bucks.

Fair enough, price lowered to $50 which is what was paid with purchase from Deutsche Optik. I bought these in a 4 pack for $200 and price included shipping from Nevada to Seattle. I only need one and am selling the other 3. If I dont sell them for what I bought them for I will keep them.

This is a good opportunity to buy one, two, or three cans and not be required to by the full four pack to get them from Deutsche Optik.

Last edited:

upcountry

Explorer

Use them for whatever YOU want to.

I know what I will be using them for, and I know what many others here on this very same forum have used these exact cans for.

jrose609

Explorer
Also, as a comparison, the SAME cans sold here a few weeks ago for the same price.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/76688-NATO-20L-5gal-Fuel-Cans-New?highlight=

I saw this ad a few weeks ago but the seller was only selling locally in CA, so I asked where he got them from. I got them from the same retailer.

How long ago did you buy these? I bought some from the same retailer, but they aren't marked with the "not for fuel use" stamps. Maybe mine are a little older?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
This stamp was added in order to circumvent the carb compliant laws in California.
They can be used for fuel, technically, ... but ....

upcountry

Explorer
How long ago did you buy these? I bought some from the same retailer, but they aren't marked with the "not for fuel use" stamps. Maybe mine are a little older?

Received shipment yesterday. Maybe they had an issue with the gobierno and had to start stamping.them?

devortex

Adventurer
These are great cans, I have some myself from the earlier run before they put the "not for fuel" verbiage. Be careful in California, there is a pretty stiff ticket waiting for you from a ranger or copper who is having a bad day. Had a friend get a $750 ticket at Ocotillo for having gas in a "not for fuel" can. Think about that also if you plan to mount them on a rear bumper etc. where the label can be easily seen.

jrose609

Explorer
either way, they are great cans. I used two of them for diesel on a trip to Moab and Canyonlands last month. They worked wonderfully.

upcountry

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback on the cans - They seem well built.

To avoid the Not For Fuel advertising I will likely just mount a surfboard stomp pad over the lettering to cover it up - it will also serve as a rub strip where the can rubs the rack when mounted.

If there's no takers locally, I'll just hold on to them untill the Expo event in Leavenworth in July and see if anyone wants them up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior