new nps300 crewcab

it will do 1 tonne at the first lift point which will sit about 100mm above the centre rear of the cab. with the cable coming down 1400mm should give me plenty of lift, if that all doesnt work i'll uses the 3 tonne ram on a scissor lift possibly

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
it will do 1 tonne at the first lift point which will sit about 100mm above the centre rear of the cab. with the cable coming down 1400mm should give me plenty of lift, if that all doesnt work i'll uses the 3 tonne ram on a scissor lift possibly

Yeah, OK. I'll bet you could screw up the torsion bar to lighten the lift too. Even if it was only a little help. I am pretty sure the torsion bar is all still in place, isn't it??

Last edited:

FusoFG

Adventurer
I saw a 2WD crew cab ISUZU (one size larger than the NPR) at a Florida dealership in 1993 that had a factory hydraulic cab tilt.

It looked like a small hydraulic bottle jack located on the frame just behind the cab.

When you pumped it, the cab tilted.

Ever see anything like that in Aus? Does Isuzu still make it?

whatcharterboat

When you pumped it, the cab tilted.

Ever see anything like that in Aus? Does Isuzu still make it?

Hi mate, merry xmas. You taking a break?

Many of the Euro trucks still use this setup. Actually there was a company called "Cabtilt Australia" up until about 2 years ago doing kits . Shame they stopped production. In a land ruled by Occupational Health & Safety laws, I am puzzled why. Pretty sure they used an electric ram though.

Cheers John.

Last edited:

Mickldo

Adventurer
Merry Christmas.

Did you see me wave to you this morning on Alice St in Maryborough. I was in my grey 100 series cruiser. Your truck looks good out there on the road. Those flash graphics make it stand out. Good stuff.

Mick

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
NAy plans for a SRW conversion??? And do those thiings have a rear locker??? I see the 4wd mechanism/switch in the cab but I'm confused that maybe I'm seeing a Diff-lock as well. All you Aussie's on here are making me miss my 2nd home. Oh how I wish I were back on the station in the QLD (XXXX heavy and Bundy OP in hand) with my 70-Series Ute and not a care in the world...But that's another story all together eh mate ;)

Neat build I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cheers and no worries

Dave

Last edited:
the buttons on the dash are just 4wd and low/high range, not even shift on the fly yet...

i might look at a locker down the track but dont need it for any of the tours i do, havent even done lifts or big tyres on the patrols and cruisers i've had.

i'm assuming srw is single rear wheel, had a chat toa few people about it and may do it down the track but not for at least 12 months. I'd like to keep standard wheel sizes but wider tread patternd and flatter walls, havent found anything that fits the bill that isnt taller aswell.

whatcharterboat

Dave>>
And do those thiings have a rear locker???

Travis >>
i might look at a locker down the track but dont need it for any of the tours i do

Hi Dave , we haven't spoken for ages. Yeah you should come over!!! Anyway (and for your information Travis) , the NPS run a really strong "No Spin" Locker as standard equipment in the rear. Very tight too. You can also get a "No Spin" as an option on the Fuso FG rear diff which run an LSD standard. You don't too many complaints about the performance of either of them though. In fact the only time I heard a negative thing about a NPS diff was that it was too tight for an un-laden trayback work truck on the road . Offroad was still great.

BTW No locker available for the front of either truck to my knowledge. There is however, more rumours of a front FG locker next year but honestly I've been hearing that for the last 5 or 6 years now.

Oh how I wish I were back on the station in the QLD (XXXX heavy and Bundy OP in hand) with my 70-Series Ute and not a care in the world.

Dave, might want to check out a weather map.........'bout the only thing you'd go traveling with in central Queensland at the moment is a 12' tinny and 10hp outboard. Some towns are seeing their highest flood levels ever.

Last edited:
just got back from her maiden trip to the victorian high country, and i must say i am VERY impressed with its off the shelf ability.

the traction in 1st and second low range has been great and the diffs no spin works like a treat!

going up some of the very steep sections of "goat track" down their even in the rain it never slipped once with enough torque to spare. in mud creeks fast flowing rivers and sand it out performed my expectations in every way.

the only complaint is the inability to hav a front passenger suspension seat for my chef. the rear seats are a great bed but i'm still keen to rpelace them with coach captian style seats on suspension.

Yep that's my opinion, but I had 19.5's on my nps from atw. The fg I'm driving has standard wheels. I just feel the fog is a much lower geared truck overall which limits your approach to taller dunes as opposed to standard beach driving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman