New product from Proud Rhino! The SYA Off Road Extension Kit

zelatore

Explorer
Thanks for the notes Ray. I wish the air system was more robust; I mean it's not exactly unproven tech since pretty much every medium/heavy truck you see on the road is running air. But even when stock we know there can be issues and when pushed beyond normal service as so many of us do it can be an even bigger issue. I do really like the concept.

It will be interesting to see what L8 is working on in this regard.

winaje

Hi all. Back to the original intent of the thread... Has anyone been able to confirm that the 2" complete kit works correctly with either rods or LLAMS, th keep the body off the bumpstops AND allow access mode consistently without issues? I'm researching for fitment on a yet-to-be-obtained 2012/3 LR4 next year.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Hi all. Back to the original intent of the thread... Has anyone been able to confirm that the 2" complete kit works correctly with either rods or LLAMS, th keep the body off the bumpstops AND allow access mode consistently without issues? I'm researching for fitment on a yet-to-be-obtained 2012/3 LR4 next year.

There is no intention or ability of the strut spacers to “keep the body off the bumpstops”. The spacers simply set that position higher by exactly the 2”. The vehicle will sit on them without air. Every aspect of that will be experienced except for ground clearance and tire to interior fender liner height gap.

Turning clearances will be only minor improvements to none. Keep in mind the odd result of an independent suspension linkage. At factory nueutral the axle is almost parallel to the ground and along axis with center diff. The spacers push that angle downwards if you maintain the same strut length which gives you pretty much a 2” increase in running height at the lower strut joint while increasing the gap from fender to hub center often measured.

Now, have you remembered basic geometry? As the unchanged lower control arm angles down but stays the same length, that in turn pulls the tires inward toward the frame. This reduces tire clearances at the full lock positions. At the extreme it even closes the upper inside tire face against the upper control arm.

This is why 285/65-18 tires are not such a great idea while taller but skinnier are much better suited with 265/70-18 being the best example. 275/70-18 is good ass well for a 33” size. My 34” 285/70-18 rub the driver side UCA at full strut extension but only enough to scrub its paint off while not enough to show proof on the tire itself.

I can use access but sometimes I get an unhappy alarm I think, or maybe that’s only when I’ve also combined using the LLAMS to additionally drop 20mm. I’ve used that for camping which provides an almost zero sway vehicle and it’s lower for easiest access, or garage crawling, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman