NEW RIG: 2012 F-150 FX4

stingray1300

Explorer
Wow, 43" is much higher than I thought it would be, was thinking more in the 39-40" range.

The back seat in these trucks amazes me at how large they are. Good thing to know about the subwoofer. I was unaware that they had that placement. Is it capable of having stuff packed on top of it? Good enclosure?

Even the space between the front seats to the back seats is huge. Much larger than the X5 we have. We could probably pack almost everything we put in the back of our X5 between seats in the F150 and under the back seat while the dog can still sit on it.

Love both your truck and D45's. Mileage concerns me little bit if you guys are getting 16s. Understanding you guys have 34's on there, do you remember what you guys got when stock and before lifts?

The subwoofer you see is a protective box. We pack stuff on top of it, with -0- regard for its safety, and have no issues. Mind you, these only come in the F150s that had the Sony upgrade. Not sure of the % of us have it, but it's in the minority -FYI.

Mileage: who cares when we're having fun!?! :rolleyes: But seriously, I get 17-18 in my truck's current format, with the RTT on the freeway. W/o the RTT I get 18-19+. But I don't speed either. Before the tires and RTT, whilst doing 55mph (thanks Oregon... :violent-smiley-031:) I got 25mpg. I've almost never driven 55 since, so I can't attest to a real comparison. Maybe when we drive to Death Valley in a couple of weeks I can try it out. Hmmm...

The EcoBoost is touted with great mpgs. Well, it may be "better" than many in mpgs, but it's still a 6000lb truck! Who buys buys a truck for its fuel economy? My friend's 4 Runner gets 15mpg! Where the EB shines is in the torque department. 420 ft lbs @ 2500rpm. By comparison, the 5.0 V8 reaches 390 ft lbs @ 5000rpm. Massive towing ability. Ability to smoke the little road rats in their supped up rice rockets :D Also, with a 36 gallon gas tank, I have RANGE. I don't need to carry jerry cans anymore! Off road I have over a 500 mile range (like going up the Dempster Highway in the Yukon, and NOT having to fill up at Eagle Plains (@ $7.50/gallon) to make it back to Dawson!

epiccosmo

Adventurer
yeah it is not good at all, I was getting 16.5-17.5 all the time with my old Cummins on 37s

In 4WD with my current truck, my mileage drops to 12s, pathetic

I still can't believe you went from one of my favorite Dodges on the forum to a F150. I cry a little every time I see this thread:(

Why did you leave Dodge?

Ever think about getting a Raptor instead?

epiccosmo

Adventurer
The subwoofer you see is a protective box. We pack stuff on top of it, with -0- regard for its safety, and have no issues. Mind you, these only come in the F150s that had the Sony upgrade. Not sure of the % of us have it, but it's in the minority -FYI.

Mileage: who cares when we're having fun!?! :rolleyes: But seriously, I get 17-18 in my truck's current format, with the RTT on the freeway. W/o the RTT I get 18-19+. But I don't speed either. Before the tires and RTT, whilst doing 55mph (thanks Oregon... :violent-smiley-031:) I got 25mpg. I've almost never driven 55 since, so I can't attest to a real comparison. Maybe when we drive to Death Valley in a couple of weeks I can try it out. Hmmm...

The EcoBoost is touted with great mpgs. Well, it may be "better" than many in mpgs, but it's still a 6000lb truck! Who buys buys a truck for its fuel economy? My friend's 4 Runner gets 15mpg! Where the EB shines is in the torque department. 420 ft lbs @ 2500rpm. By comparison, the 5.0 V8 reaches 390 ft lbs @ 5000rpm. Massive towing ability. Ability to smoke the little road rats in their supped up rice rockets :D Also, with a 36 gallon gas tank, I have RANGE. I don't need to carry jerry cans anymore! Off road I have over a 500 mile range (like going up the Dempster Highway in the Yukon, and NOT having to fill up at Eagle Plains (@ $7.50/gallon) to make it back to Dawson!

Good to know about the subwoofer and level of difficulty finding it. Mileage isn't a huge issue just like to get 20 mpg or better, extended tank would be a nice to have but I'm sure it sucks to fill it up.

You guys running 87, 89 or 93 with the EcoBoost?

D45

Explorer
Why did you leave Dodge?

Ever think about getting a Raptor instead?

Keeping this truck for a few years, even though I put down $18,500........I still have a decent amount financed

Next truck, I will be going back to a solid front axle...........diesel or gas, not clue as that is far, far away

I sold the Dodge because I was getting bored and tired with it

I love the features and creature comforts this Ford has, and the towing and payload is everything I need and want

The ride is nice and the misses loves driving it. With a child, it is easier to drive and load/unload

The back seat room is MUCH larger than my old quad cab truck, even though both are 4 door trucks

D45

Explorer
Manual says 87 and that's all I've used in ours since new.

I asked this at the dealership when it bought the truck

Hands down, the truck was tuned and requires 87

Typically, aftermarket tuning and programmers require more octane

epiccosmo

Adventurer
I love the features and creature comforts this Ford has, and the towing and payload is everything I need and want

The ride is nice and the misses loves driving it. With a child, it is easier to drive and load/unload

The back seat room is MUCH larger than my old quad cab truck, even though both are 4 door trucks

These are the reasons why I am looking at this as a vehicle option. Just need to decide if I am going to get rid of my M3 or not.

I love the new body but can't justify the price with what seems like very little has changed. Other than the whole Aluminum vs Steel thing of course.

You guys are a wealth of information on this truck. Sorry to derail a little bit on your build thread.

p nut

butter
I am down to 13.0 MPG now, this is terrible

I am keeping my eye out for a diesel

Wow, 13MPG? Something's not right. Is that highway, or mixed? Idle a lot? Heavy foot?

By the way, octane depends on where you live. I'm around 4,500ft and regular is 85. This is what I use and have had no issues (2.7EB).

D45

Explorer
Yes, 13 MPG, no joke...........mixed driving, and it does not idle a lot and I don't drive all that hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger