New Roofrack for Wrangler

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Just a heads-up: Body Armor is coming out with a roofrack to fit JK's and TJ's --- no drilling and it looks pretty sturdy.
I have no affiliation with the company but I've been looking for a roofrack for my JK Sahara for a while and haven't liked what's out there yet....

Body Armor said:
Body Armor 4x4 introduces the new Roof Rack system. Features include:
* Base rack in constructed of 2” .095 wall tube
* Simple no drill installation, ease of assembly requires only simple hand tools
* Front and rear light bars standard
* Black textured powder coat finish
* Cargo basket in made of .120 wall aluminum tubing for maximum strength while retaining light weight
* Exclusive pedestal design makes for ease of installation and removal of cargo basket
* Laser cut Body Armor 4x4 front shield
* Notched rear for ease of loading cargo while also containing the load
* Base rack pricing:
* TJ Unlimited: PN TJ-6124: MSRP $511.95
* TJ: PN TJ-6125: MSRP $478.95
* JK Unlimited PN JK-6124 MSRP $624.94
* JK 2 door: PN JK-6125: MSRP: $574.95
* Cargo basket with pedestal feet: PN 5124: MSRP $499.94

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Ok, you got me being lazy. These are directly from Body Armor and it looks like they took them with a cell phone.

20081104_0662.jpg

20081107_0650.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
rynosurf said:
I had a rack similar to that on my wrangler, it looked cool but created a lot of wind noise.

With the wind deflector right above the head it might do that.

rynosurf

Adventurer
Mine didn't have the cargo basket, it was the wind drag on the front supports that created noise. I just turned my radio up, but its something to consider before you drop $500.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'll have a few better photos on Monday. I have a pdf flyer right now that I could email to anybody that wants it...

Zeero

Adventurer
As shown on the Unlimited above:

Cost?

Weight?

Weight Capacity?

Is Congo Cage still the way to go for heavy duty carrying?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Zeero said:
As shown on the Unlimited above:
Cost?
Weight?
Weight Capacity?
Is Congo Cage still the way to go for heavy duty carrying?
My first post has all the info that I gleaned from their pdf; the product isn't officially released yet and that's all I know...
It reminds me of a heavier Congo Cage; we'll have to see though. Thicker tubing doesn't always translate to more capacity.
And the the attachment points in the rear look to be placed squarely where the stock bumper resides...

Zeero

Adventurer
Gotcha, I agree....its seems Congo Cage-ish.

So far though, the price is higher than the Congo Cage.....and right now, as there is no payload capacity of this new one available, I have to say that Congo Cage still gets my vote.

I'm noticing on this one though that yes, the tubes are bigger, but they ride so far away from the body of the Jeep. Its looks like almost a full 12 inches away?

Eitherway, looks like an interesting Rack, I'll keep my eye on it and see how it does. I'm just curious on its payload.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Zeero said:
So far though, the price is higher than the Congo Cage.....
This comes with an aluminum basket, light tabs at both ends, and a deflector. The CC is an a la carte process that ultimately would cost more.

I really need to see one in person; can't trust pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior