New RTT mattress

MTaco

Adventurer
I heard from Coastline this morning and they are going to expedite my mattress to me so I should have it by Friday. Great customer service! We have a 3 night trip planned to leave Friday so look for a review Monday or Tuesday.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
I was considering going this route for my Maggiolina Airlander Medium. I then took measurements and found that the full size mattress from Ikea fits perfectly. One night on it and it is great. Just sharing this info for those looking for a replacement. Price was right too at $120.

MTaco

Adventurer
I was considering going this route for my Maggiolina Airlander Medium. I then took measurements and found that the full size mattress from Ikea fits perfectly. One night on it and it is great. Just sharing this info for those looking for a replacement. Price was right too at $120.

Nice. That is one advantage of having a hard shell that does not fold in half. You can probably fit more bedding up there too.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Mattress, mattress pad, fitted sheets, sheets, comforter, pillows, and sometimes sleeping bags when it is cold. That is the limit though but sure cuts down on space used inside the vehicle.

MountainD

Adventurer
Just got an email saying my mattress is shipping today. So far, I have had great communication and experience. Hope it continues with the delivered product! I'll post back, for sure.

MTaco

Adventurer
Just got an email saying my mattress is shipping today. So far, I have had great communication and experience. Hope it continues with the delivered product! I'll post back, for sure.

Nice! Mine is on a Fed Ex truck in town and will be delivered today. I'll get it installed after work then its off to the Pryor's for the weekend!

MTaco

Adventurer
My mattress showed up on Friday just in time for our trip. I installed it and we hit the road. A few things I noticed right away was that the carpet kit was not shipped and there was no hook and loop on the mattress to keep it in place. Next I pulled out my factory mattress and put the new one in, that is when i noticed it being quite a bit narrower than the original mattress. It was supposed to be 55" wide but I would guess it is about 51". When I talked to Mitch he said they make them with a notch where the hinge opens and closes the tent just like the original mattress but maybe they forgot with just mine?

We slept 2 nights on it and it is definitely an upgrade over the original mattress I slept better with no sore spots in the morning but my wife said she still did not sleep very good. In the mattress' defense she has some arthritis so there is that. Also, I like the extra space the shorter mattress provides we were able to fit a king size down comforter, 3 regular pillows and 1 body pillow in the folded up tent.

If it were an Amazon review I would give it 3 stars. If the mattress was the correct shape and they sent the carpet kit it would be 5 stars. They still have some issues to work out. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures, I forgot.

MountainD

Adventurer
That is interesting about the sizing discrepancies. It will be interesting to see what shows up to me on Thursday. Supposed to be a mattress for my pop up with custom measurements (77x52) for my Fleetwood Neon. I'm pretty particular on wanting that size so I hope it is close.

MTaco

Adventurer
Went out again this week end and had a couple more nights in it. I slept just OK on it. Like I said earlier, it is an upgrade over the factory foam mattress but not much. Here are some pictures. I really wish it was shaped like the original mattress so it didn't move around so much.

IMAG0327_zpsjzjx0fmf.jpg

IMAG0328_zpshxqiwkei.jpg

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I ordered an EXPED duo Megamat for my Venturcraft trailer and it should be here any day. Presently I have an EXPED Megamat in my CampTeq and it has provided the best sleeping experience to date without question. I will be expecting no less from the duo for my wife and I.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ I also have the Exped Duo Megamat for our Kodiak tent in addition to the MegaMat 10. The Duo is every bit as comfy as the 10. The only downside: When your SO moves or gets in/out of "bed" you will feel it and visa-versa. But I still sleep the best on my Expeds of ANY other mattress I've used and owned. Its just as comfy as our Serta iComfort home mattress.

I bought the Duo to try in my small width Columbus thinking it might squeeze in the smaller width but it was a no go; if Exped offered a 46-48" wide version it would be perfect.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
^ I also have the Exped Duo Megamat for our Kodiak tent in addition to the MegaMat 10. The Duo is every bit as comfy as the 10. The only downside: When your SO moves or gets in/out of "bed" you will feel it and visa-versa. But I still sleep the best on my Expeds of ANY other mattress I've used and owned. Its just as comfy as our Serta iComfort home mattress.

I bought the Duo to try in my small width Columbus thinking it might squeeze in the smaller width but it was a no go; if Exped offered a 46-48" wide version it would be perfect.

Damn I could saved money and bought yours penny's on the dollar!:wings:
Everything has a trade off again! A small price to pay for comfort the rest of the night :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears