New Safari trailer(to me)

rain76king

Adventurer
I got the deal of a lifetime in my opinion last week, a fellow expo member was kind enough to post up a trailer he found in my neighborhood for sale. It's a 1997 Cut's Manufacturing Bundu Safari Trailer.
051.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

030-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

It's a little rusty, all surface, nothing a quick dip or sandblasting wouldn't cure. The trailer came with all of it's paperwork, owner's manual and documentation of it's import to the states.

Last edited:

rain76king

Adventurer
It also came with a roof top tent, it's an old Technitop. It's been neglected...Any ideas on how to rid it of the mildew/mold? It's not mounted on the rack, it's just placed on the trailers rack.
025-1.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

rain76king

Adventurer
Then a few days after the purchase, I got a that there was a jack and a 12volt cooler that went along with it. it was a hi lift and It was no cooler...it's a dang Engel!
:victory:
039-1.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

I'm into the trailer, tent, jack and fridge for under $700!

rain76king

Adventurer
My plan at this point is to sandblast it, it's a little rusty but not bad. It's mostly dirty, I haven't even tried to clean it up yet.
I will then take my Mombassa rtt and place it on the rack.
I'll be throwing in a group battery in the tongue box along with an inverter.
I'll take one of the smaller boxes in the front and replace it with a propane tank.
It will be quite an upgrade from my current set up.
043.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Great purchase.

Looks like a solidly built South African trailer along the lines of the Venter trailers.

Technitop tents are top rate. I'd give it a good cleaning and if needed re waterproof it with Cotton Proof from Nikiwax.

Can't go wrong with an Engel.

rain76king

Adventurer
Thanks Martyn, All the stuff is great quality. I lucked out. I look forward to you taking my money....lol

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Good score..even some time in the sun will get rid of a lot of the mildew.

Anything left could be hit with a little, by little I mean a couple of ounces, Clorox and water in a spray bottle (note of caution: too much clorox can eat the seam threads out, so er on the side of caution and make it mild, be patient and give it time to work, even a weekend)

That's going to clean up nicely..anything you put in to it will be well worth it.

I'd say sell your current trailer and use that to do the upgrades on the new jammi.

Best of luck with it,

Pat

Martyn

Thanks Martyn, All the stuff is great quality. I lucked out. I look forward to you taking my money....lol

We could arrange for a percentage of your pay check to be deposited into our account in the Cayman Islands every month. Does that work for you? :sombrero:

rain76king

Adventurer
Thanks Titan, I will plan on doing that this weekend. Some people won't use any bleach at all on tents due to eating away at the waterproofing agent. If I used a very small amount of bleach, then a product like Martyn recommended I don't see it as being a problem.

Martyn

Had this in my files. It may help you.

"After brushing and vacuuming the canvas of your popup camper, mix a solution of half rubbing alcohol and half water. Test the solution on an inconspicuous area of the mold and mildew-stained canvas. Simply apply the rubbing alcohol solution with a white cotton rag, and if the solution does a good job and doesn’t compromise the canvas in any way, continue cleaning the rest of the mold and mildew-stained canvas."

From http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/37403/how_to_get_rid_of_mold_and_mildew_stains_pg2.html?cat=27

Sierra Trading Post has the CottonProof

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12