New seat covers (F-150)

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Put this in the general section because applicable to all vehicles.

I've been a fan of custom fitted seat covers for a while now. I think they are a nice way to add some personalization to a vehicle and they're a good way to keep the factory seats from getting stained or faded.

Back in 2019 I ordered a set of Skanda/ Cover King "neosupreme" seat covers. Right from the beginning I didn't like them because I didn't think they fit as well as they should have. Here's what they looked like back then:

seatcovers_1jpg.jpg

The problem was those areas circled in red. No matter how much I pushed, pulled, tugged and tucked, I could not get rid of the ugly gap, especially the one where the seat back and seat bottom cushions come together. There was always a gap of at least 3/4" or more exposing the factory seat.

I attributed this to the fact that these are single-piece covers: IOW, the back and bottom covers are a single piece. No matter how you fit them, they're not going to come out right.

After putting up with the poor fit and highly stain-prone nature of these covers for 3 years, I finally got fed up and ordered a different set. These are made by a company called Cal Trend. The material is more of a canvas-type material. The camo pattern is the classic "BDU" pattern that I wore for 23 years while in the Army.

Best thing about these covers is that they are "two piece" covers: That is, the cover for the bottom cushion and the cover for the back cushion are separate pieces, which means they fit much more snugly.

Seat covers 01.jpg

Here's a close up of the bottom/back cushion junction. As you can see, it's much cleaner looking:

seat covers 01a.jpg

Now, I'm not as crazy about the way they covered the center jump seat/console. I think the Skandas actually did a better job of that.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with these.

Another view:

Seat covers 02.jpg

So yeah, that console lid cover looks like crap, but eventually I plan on pulling out the center jump seat and replacing it with a true console anyway, so for now I can live with it.

Here's the passenger side:

Seat covers 03.jpg

Of course, this now means my front and back seats have mismatched camo patterns, since I have no plans to replace the covers for the back seats. Funny thing, the Skanda back seat covers fit a lot better than the front seat covers. You can see the mismatched patterns here:

seat covers 06.jpg

But they're covered up and protected, and that's all I really care about. I suppose if I ever find myself with a few hundred bucks burning a hole in my pockets, I could always upgrade the back seat to the Cal Trend seat covers, too.

fredeharley8

For those who have used seat covers like WetOkole, have you noticed any specific benefits or challenges compared to not using them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior