New Tacoma Dbl Cab

DblD

Adventurer
Last Saturday I brought home a new Toyota.

To make this happen I ended a ten plus year affair with this Series IIA.

1248994922_pa090053.jpg

1248995150_siia109forsale8smallv.jpg

I’m retiring this eleven year old Rover with about 178,xxx miles on the ticker from daily driver duties. The Discovery is going to receive the much coveted garage space and will undergo a slow mechanical restoration.

1248994211_roverkayakbuffalo14.jpg

1248994083_discosteelw2.jpg

And finally this now resides on my half of the driveway.

1248993906_073009tacoma03.jpg

1248995761_odo31.jpg

Off-Road package with the electronic locking rear differential and tow package with the integrated engine oil and transmission coolers. For the first mod I ordered WeatherTech liners. The more time I spend on this forum the thinner my wallet becomes. Hope to make this truck a capable off road vehicle and reliable base camp.

Let the fun begin…

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Awesome truck! I love the new double cabs, and you got it in my favorite color:drool:. Love that color...I'm sure you're gonna really enjoy that truck, congrats on the purchase!

DblD

Adventurer
Love it!

What's your plans with her?

:)

Plans include ARB bumper and winch, small lift (maybe just level the front to back), rock sliders, and Yakima roof rack for kayaks. That should give me good start and drain the already low checking account.

Mounted this yesterday.

1249158876_tacomaflashlight04.jpg

1249158931_tacomaflashlight06.jpg

Goal was to be able to reach it from the drivers seat but still able to fold the rear seats forward.

Also.
I found a new absolute ZERO FRICTION situation…
Newly powder coated steel wheels on the material that the composite bed is made out of.
WOW! Talk about sliding around when I start and stop in traffic.:Wow1:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
...I found a new absolute ZERO FRICTION situation…
Newly powder coated steel wheels on the material that the composite bed is made out of.
WOW! Talk about sliding around when I start and stop in traffic.:Wow1:

EVERYTHING slides around on that composite bed. I really liked the fitted rubber mat the dealership sells when I had my 07.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger