New TeraFlex JK Alta Cargo Rack.

TeraFlex

More Info here: https://teraflex.com/shop/category?utf8=✓&q=alta

The TeraFlex Alta cargo rack is designed to increase storage space for extended overland adventures, and sits conveniently above the spare tire to keep the cargo out of harm’s way. The rack mounts securely to the TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier through a steel support structure and includes mounting points for additional accessories. The rack measures 20” deep by 46” wide and 4” high. The Alta rack has a maximum total load capacity of 75 lbs. The Alta cargo rack is compatible with up to a 37” spare tire.

The simple 100% bolt on installation requires basic hand tools to assemble.

Features & Benefits
- Mounts above spare tire
- Aluminum external frame and steel cargo basket
- Steel support structure
- Accessory mounting points
- Fits up to 37” tires
- 75 lb. total cargo rating
- Hi-Lift jack mount (optional)
- CB mount (optional)
- Must be used in conjunction with the TeraFlex hinged tire carrier
- Fits all JK Wrangler models including Rubicon and Unlimited
- Lifetime Warranty

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Sure looks well designed, and light. Which is good when the whole thing is hanging off the rear quarter panel cap with the rear door open. :)

Can this be used with the Titan 10 Gallon fuel carrier?
This would allow using all the Rotopax positions for water.

I'm a huge fan of having a rack over the spare tire. Pretty awesome to see this incorporated into an excellent spare tire/hinge assembly. :beer:

crusaderJK

Adventurer
A year too late for me. :(
Now I have a modified Bestop rack in combination with the Morryde tailgate reinforcement.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
5811f491628fc4008824ff4f.jpg

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Looks like a great product; hopefully its actual cost is less than "MSRP"

GhostRHR

So i'm a little confused, it says there is a total load capacity of 75lbs yet in the video there is a guy sitting in it. i mean between Hi-Lift, fuel, shovel, and powertank there is already 50lbs of weight on the rack? Seems a little misleading, so i wonder what the true capacity of this rack would be for extended trips?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
If you think about it, the guy standing on top was a fairly static load. Come down hard on the rear bumper off a ledge, or run hard down a rough trail, and the rack could see in excess of 4G, so the 75lbs static load sounds realistic. Plus that's a lot of weight to have up high on a big lever.

Normally I use the rack for firewood, or carrying light bulky items in a water tight bag. I don't think I've had more than 50lbs total up there. It's not a big area to store things, and the load is pretty much above the roof line.
But in a vehicle that is so space limited, it's an awesome option! :victory:

GhostRHR

If you think about it, the guy standing on top was a fairly static load. Come down hard on the rear bumper off a ledge, or run hard down a rough trail, and the rack could see in excess of 4G, so the 75lbs static load sounds realistic. Plus that's a lot of weight to have up high on a big lever.

Normally I use the rack for firewood, or carrying light bulky items in a water tight bag. I don't think I've had more than 50lbs total up there. It's not a big area to store things, and the load is pretty much above the roof line.
But in a vehicle that is so space limited, it's an awesome option! :victory:

So I agee completely, I was just curious as the total load with accessories could easily pass the 75lb mark. I was more curious if the 75lb rated load was just limited to the cargo tray itself, or if was TOTAL load. since like I said you could almost hit the 75lb mark in just accessories before even putting anything in the tray itself. I am guessing they mean for the tray itself which should be sufficient as long as they aren't counting accessories well.

rubicon91

Explorer
Price point is a little insane on this from what I saw. Especially if you have to have the Hinged carrier to Utilize this. So you are talking approx $1250 for this. My LOD tire carrier with trail rack costs about $100 more and I get a new bumper along with taking the spare tire off the tail gate. I dont know if I am missing something here but a $750 price point for a trail rack is crazy to me.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Prime Rib, or Rack...

If I remember right, the LoD rack is about $250 addition to the Gen-3/4 bumper. So I totally get where you are coming from.
Although it is a pretty cool design, and made with aluminum. :)

There are a couple of advantages for those willing to shell out the coin for the Alta Cargo Rack though:
It does give the option for using any number of bumpers, including the uber cool and light aluminum versions. Or even an AEV bumper with the water tanks, or the stock rear bumper setup to carry water. So that is an advantage for long range Overland travel.
Also for those who already have spent the coin for the hinge, it gives them an option for a trail rack.

Besides it's only a couple of dinners worth at Ruth's Chris Steak House... ;)

rubicon91

Explorer
If I remember right, the LoD rack is about $250 addition to the Gen-3/4 bumper. So I totally get where you are coming from.
Although it is a pretty cool design, and made with aluminum. :)

There are a couple of advantages for those willing to shell out the coin for the Alta Cargo Rack though:
It does give the option for using any number of bumpers, including the uber cool and light aluminum versions. Or even an AEV bumper with the water tanks, or the stock rear bumper setup to carry water. So that is an advantage for long range Overland travel.
Also for those who already have spent the coin for the hinge, it gives them an option for a trail rack.

Besides it's only a couple of dinners worth at Ruth's Chris Steak House... ;)

hahaha Oh I hear you. I still think it is an insane price point for a trail rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78