New tire advise please:)

DLils

Hello Everyone! I've owned a Fuso for a few years and have been building my home on the back. My tires are looking a bit worn and I was hoping I could get some advise on what kind of tire would be best and hold up the longest. I drive mostly highway. I say about 80/20 highway/dirt. My current tires are Toyo Open Country M/T Lt 315 75r16. I'm also curious what type of wheels I have? I think they're Stockton but not sure. I need to locate a spare that's the same if possible. Thanks for any information! IMG_0562.jpg

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Kind of tough to say what tire is best, it's going to be different for everyone.

With that kind of on/off road balance, you might best be served by an AT tire, or even something with a highway tread.

I would think there should be some kind of stamping on the wheel that shows manufacturer. Stockton did some, Rickson(?) did some, etc.

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
Given the size of your rig and the ratio of highway/off-road you suggest, I might look at a "Commercial Traction" tire, like the Goodyear Duratrak. I had good experience with a tire like that on SRW Silverado HD carrying a slide-in.

dlh62c

Explorer
Sorry I can't you with your tire question. But I sure like the look of your camper body. It certainly has a Tiny House look to it. Post some pictures of the interior when you can.

DLils

Hello! Thanks for the comments! I'll post some pictures of the inside when I get a little more time:)

DzlToy

Explorer
Goodyear Duratrac's seem to do well on wet roads, as well as on snowy roads, so that may be beneficial to you. They are a bit loud on the road for an A/T, but you are not riding in a Rolls Royce either, so you may not even notice.

I have had good luck with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 on a daily drive Fuso FE (2wd) work truck. It has seen some dirt roads, here and there, but very infrequently. They are great on wet pavement and are quiet on the road.

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Hankook Danapro ATMs in the ten ply rating wear like iron and are great in everything but ice and deep mud. I have 90 k on a set on my Tacoma that are just about finally dead all the way.

I run a set of these on a 350 work truck and a ram 3500 work truck pulling heavy trailers, both diesel rigs. They hold up well to the abuse of the big motor, the heavy trailer and what is often 2-3k of weight in the truck bed. Decently priced.

Toyo M55 solid heavy duty tire again long wear live, popular in the full size truck crowd Used often on oil rig trucks and the 4x4 power line rigs. Pricy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger