New to campers...Advice!!!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
A "used" 2011... Sounds (and looks) like a killer deal. That is a lot of camper. I don't think you'll have any trouble enjoying it!
Time to load up the RZR and head to Honeyman!

goulou67

concerning pulling the trigger on a new camper ,here is a little bit of my 2 cents, i am on my third factory truck camper since 1984 plus two or three wooden ones back in my younger years in the early-eigthies, enough said about me .my current one is a 2005 mountain star 700 sb, great little rig for the backcountry and fairly light to haul with my half ton ford.the camper mentioned is in excellent shape for the year everything solid and thight and in good working order ,here is the magical formula, i priced and brand new moutain star 700 sb last year, here in canada, the price tag was a jaw dropping 21 599$ plus tax, i paid 6500$ for a 2005 that's just like new, do the math,it is not a secret that truck campers a very expensive, most of them a very time cosuming to build! somebody in the rv industry already told me that it was almost double the price in square footage to build than a regular travel trailer!! so my advice find a good second hand one that suits ya! they drop in price after a few years like a ton of bricks hope this helps cellblock 726 have a safe journey

Cell Block 726

Observer
Well yes, seems to be a good deal to a newbie to TC's, I really just ended up paying the thing off for the previous owner at the bank.. as he took a hit and did not come away with anything but free from the loan..

I sure wish I had it ready for our Alvord desert trip this last weeked, while the whole time my wife and I thought WOW! we really have a camper at home! still had a great time with friends and exploring with the RZR...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
concerning pulling the trigger on a new camper ,here is a little bit of my 2 cents, i am on my third factory truck camper since 1984 plus two or three wooden ones back in my younger years in the early-eigthies, enough said about me .my current one is a 2005 mountain star 700 sb, great little rig for the backcountry and fairly light to haul with my half ton ford.the camper mentioned is in excellent shape for the year everything solid and thight and in good working order ,here is the magical formula, i priced and brand new moutain star 700 sb last year, here in canada, the price tag was a jaw dropping 21 599$ plus tax, i paid 6500$ for a 2005 that's just like new, do the math,it is not a secret that truck campers a very expensive, most of them a very time cosuming to build! somebody in the rv industry already told me that it was almost double the price in square footage to build than a regular travel trailer!! so my advice find a good second hand one that suits ya! they drop in price after a few years like a ton of bricks hope this helps cellblock 726 have a safe journey

See posts #12 and14...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears