New to forum/ My F-350

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
Sounds like the '08 is giving you or your mechanic a bit of grief!

I think the 92-97 F350 is about as solid a platform as you can get for a fullsize domestic. They are a great combination of comfort and convenience, with serviceability thrown in for good measure. As soon as I can unload the 99 Dodge 1500 I bought to use for a month, I will be picking up an F350 and looking for a 12v Cummins to fix the fuel economy issue... But I rant...

Alaskan 1ton... Work on fixin your photos. We want to see 'em!

well when I posted the damn pics they worked!!! Anyway, yes a Cummins 12V would be the perfect combo in my 96 F-350, Im waiting for the 460 to give up the ghost but at 147,000 it still purrs, leaks nothing, burns nothing, not sure its going to die anytime soon!!

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
burb.jpg

I had a 1 Ton Suburban that I built, it was on my pics that wont post, but it was awesome and I miss that rig..................

Last edited:

lllateralus

Observer
I see it, but its just thumbnail sized. (I cant seem to make it bigger)
Boy that sounds bad.

Your F350 sounds like a good truck. I have one with the 7.3 and love it to death.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Sounds like the '08 is giving you or your mechanic a bit of grief!

Nothing we weren't ready for. The engine was toast before I picked it up. I'm looking forward to haveing a new engine. It's just all the unfortunate people I've found by doing some research on the net. None of the new engines are any more reliable than a good olde 460.

Chevy's piston woes match Fords cam phaser woes.

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
I see it, but its just thumbnail sized. (I cant seem to make it bigger)
Boy that sounds bad.

Your F350 sounds like a good truck. I have one with the 7.3 and love it to death.

As we speak there is a 95 F350 reg cab just like mine with the 7.3 for 4k and its in great shape......................dang it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan