New-to-Me '04 Disco II

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Interior and another Poser Pic

The shelf/folding sleeping platform I built was first truck lined:
20130629-FoldedPlatform_zps2b52ebf5.jpg
But I would have to bring camping pads or yoga mats along with to not pop the cheapo Kmart (unlimited returns for 1 year) air mattress.

So I carpeted it. Admittedly not the prettiest job in the world, but it's 1000x more comfortable now...and the dogs will be happier too. The duct tape (which looks sort of like patent leather edges) will be covered by cloth tape soon.
20130916-Platform_zps82ea14c2.jpg

The wires coming out of the back are there because I pre-wired the electric panel in the front of the box for future fog lights up on the roof rack (front and rear).

Here's said panel:
20130916-Panel_zpsfd074b6c.jpg

And the view from the front:
20130916-Platform2_zps702b5be5.jpg

And the poser (yes I'm down a taillight bulb):
6-rear_zps718bfc3e.jpeg

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Really liking the look of that sleeping platform!

Thanks...the front piece folds towards the front with the seats all the way forward. Makes for a 78" x 55" sleeping area near the front (for heads) and 78" x 45" at the rear (for feet). The folding piece sits on the fridge and since it's 3/4" ply, stays still the whole night, even with multiple restless sleepers.

I've never done anything like that before, so I was just happy when it turned out almost exactly how my brain was picturing it throughout the planning stage (although you wouldn't know it from the horrible sketches and measurements on notebook paper - I'm no architect). I did originally want drawers, but after installing the electricity in one half, I lost some storage space and can barely reach the front edge(left side looking from the back - I sealed off the wiring so that nothing can hit it) just with my arms, and the right side has a bin with a rope attached to it at the far end, so I can reach everything.

Aegis

K9 Handler
I hear ya -- I have all sorts of ideas and plans for sleeping areas/platforms for the rig we build, both for us overnight and for the dog when traveling, depending on how fully packed we are.

... Having no experience building anything along those lines, however, it's refreshing to see that someone in the same boat can go ahead and bang something out that looks right-proper!

Kudos :)

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Winch Bumper

Who makes that front bumper? Can you post a few more pictures of it?

It's a BritPart bumper that I got from Lucky 8 and first saw on this thread.

A little bit of work went into the install, but nothing extreme. I really like it. May want to relocate the washer fluid reservoir some day, but for now it's fine...and at half the cost of an ARB, I really couldn't pass the deal up. I got the shackles and swivel eyes from UK eBay (I received them from across the pond in about a week - I was stunned as some American eBayers aren't that good), but Lucky 8 sells swivel eyes too. I was just sold on a shackle design rather than the TF design.
Bumper1_zpsde66cdb3.jpg
Bumper2_zpscf6ecccd.jpg

No, I haven't washed her after the weekend's mud bath...

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Since I had to cut the grill a bit, I will probably add some black window screen fabric to hide the cables in the lower part of the grill. I did this on my old WJ and loved the look - however I think I used two layers and ended up almost overheating in the dead of winter climbing Togwotee Pass...so if I do that, I'll use one sheet and watch my temp gauge carefully. Since installing the high temp thermostat, I sit at about 194* almost 100% of the time.

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Did you ever find out why your Cruz control isn't working?
By the way very good looking truck !

The 10a fuse was blown. I replaced it and then hit the horn. Briefly had sound, which quickly stopped. Checked the fuse and it was blown again. Put a 20a fuse in...hit the horn and it worked. Took it for a spin and the cruise worked too. I know this isn't the best fix and I'm sure some will tell me that I just temporarily hid a potential problem, but for now, I'm happy. It's been 6 months and no other issues with any of the steering wheel-area electrics. The volume controls don't work, but that's due to the aftermarket stereo.

hk9176251

The 10a fuse was blown. I replaced it and then hit the horn. Briefly had sound, which quickly stopped. Checked the fuse and it was blown again. Put a 20a fuse in...hit the horn and it worked. Took it for a spin and the cruise worked too. I know this isn't the best fix and I'm sure some will tell me that I just temporarily hid a potential problem, but for now, I'm happy. It's been 6 months and no other issues with any of the steering wheel-area electrics. The volume controls don't work, but that's due to the aftermarket stereo.

i must have another problem my cruise dosnt work but every other thing does on the wheel and the light
for the button for the cruise lights up but not functioning thanks for the info just the same have a good day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle