New (to me) Disco II Td5

Harald Hansen

Explorer
Just before Christmas I picked up this beauty:

2000_Discovery_2_1.jpg

2000_Discovery_2_2.jpg

2000_Discovery_2_3.jpg

2000_Discovery_2_4.jpg

It is a 2000 MY Discovery Td5 5-speed manual 7-seater. I was looking for one without leather seats, and found this. I got it quite cheap (so cheap that I practically bought it unseen, and left the seller a little bit dizzy...) due to high mileage and a lit SRS warning light. It has run 330,000 km (about 200.000 miles), but the Td5 still soldiers on with no smoking and no noises.

My current plans are to lift and up-armour it a bit. I'm not sure which expedition modifications to go for, as it also has to work as a daily driver.

I've ordered a TJM T17 front bumper and some light guards and headlamp protectors. Nothing will be fitted for a while, as we got a baby boy two days ago! Now I'm looking after Big Sis (who has reached the ripe old age of three!) until Mum comes back from the hospital, and I guess I've got my hands full for quite a while after that too.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
OOOOOOOHHHHH, Diesel Manual... Nice combo, but it's so shiny... You sure you want to take it off road???

Congrats on the new kiddo as well.

Chucaro

Adventurer
Very nice and clean vehicle, after doing all the services required regardless of what said the owner and a deep inspection by your trusty Land Rover mechanic you should have a Landy for long time.
Cheers

Harald Hansen

Explorer
sinuhexavier said:
I'm in love with the patterns on the seats...

Hehe, at least there's no doubt which brand they are... Actually, they look a little less busy in real life.

expeditionswest said:
You have no idea how unfair that is... And left hand drive too. Drool.

At least you have cheap fuel (yes, you do!) and great vehicular access rights over in the US.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Harald Hansen said:
At least you have cheap fuel (yes, you do!) and great vehicular access rights over in the US.

The grass is always greener... :)

Congrats on the new baby and LR!!!

bovw

Explorer
Another great example of the cool rigs that aren't available here. Congrats on the new rig and little one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears