New to me, Greene fuso mods

GR8ADV

Explorer
Greene to Bowman to Howe.

So I picked this up recently as a well sorted capable camper. Gary traded it in to build a Mog. Here is the sales link with the details.http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/120808-4x4-Camper-for-sale-PRICE-REDUCED There was only a couple things I wanted to do, Dynamat the cab put in a pass through and put some locking latches within the cabin. GXV has done a great job making the changes over the last couple weeks. I will fly out next week to drive it home

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Rene has done a great job communicating and keeping me posted along the way.

I wanted a pass thru for most of the usual reasons. We have a dog, we wanted the option,even tho awkward, to get to the cabin
on the move and to be able to get up front in bad situations without having to go out be it dark weather or people.

This required removing a cupboard full of small storage boxes. GXV did a nice job if replacing the three walls around this after the removal. Here is the cabinet at the end if the hall
image.jpg

Taped out to get a look. Offset as the bathroom and fridge are not symmetrically placed.
image.jpg

Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
Looks good!

I've always admired the Greene's build. If your plan is to travel the world, the truck knows the way.

Are you planning to modify the camper mounts?

If I remember correctly the camper was ridgely mounted to the truck's frame.

GR8ADV

Explorer
No plans of yet. As far as i know this system, although contrary to what folks seem to think will work, has proven very reliable. Unless somebody knows otherwise.

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
The current method of keeping the drawers closed works positively but is a little "game if thronesish" and one would have to lock-it-up to go.

image.jpg

The new ones are a high friction type. I like the idea. Here is Rene the hand model with a visual.

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Finishing up nicely. from the cab looking back.
image.jpg

Or this one from the cabin to the cab. ..
image.jpg

And a shot if the boot
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
A few questions, if you don't mind answering...
* What is the distance from the roof of the cab to the roof of the camper (not to the top of the solar panels)?
* What is the internal height of the camper (floor to ceiling)?
* What type/brand of latches were used in the drawers? Do you have and pictures of those?

GR8ADV

Explorer
A few questions, if you don't mind answering...
* What is the distance from the roof of the cab to the roof of the camper (not to the top of the solar panels)?
* What is the internal height of the camper (floor to ceiling)?
* What type/brand of latches were used in the drawers? Do you have and pictures of those?

All I know for now til I can go measure myself is 11' to top of truck 11-7 to top of bi-cool. Per the ad 7' internal.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Using those drawings I figure that it's about 38" (965mm).
Still interested in getting a bit more information about those drawer catches...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman