New (to me) pop up camper!

Chipps

Have a 13 F-150 that I had drawers and platform for putting mattress on.
Just bought an old Palomino pop up last night.

How is everyone securing them, is Torklift our only option? Pricey little brackets

Also, have some home made drawers available for 6.5ft box if anyone interested. (AZ)Camper.jpg

Last edited:

surlydiesel

Adventurer
I have a set of Torklift tie downs on my F150 that I may be willing to part with. I'm not sure if A. a set for a 2016 truck will work on a 2013. B. if the set on my 8 foot bed truck also work on your 6.5 foot bed. If you want to call them up and figure it out, we could talk about a steep discount from new.
Cheers,
Jorge

Chipps

Surlydiesel:
I believe they are different, but I will definitely give them a call and see if it is doable. What cab style is the truck and what state/area do you live? Thank you very much for opportunity at the least. How did you like this system?

RamblinChet:
Thanks for the pictures. Yeah seems like I am going to have to go the torklift route. I am going to go with the simpliest HappiJac tiedowns for now. I was thinks of making a "T" shape, the width of the truck with eyelets that slid into the hitch receiver and use that as rear tiedown spot. Idk, thought

surlydiesel

Adventurer
Surlydiesel:
I believe they are different, but I will definitely give them a call and see if it is doable. What cab style is the truck and what state/area do you live? Thank you very much for opportunity at the least. How did you like this system?

RamblinChet:
Thanks for the pictures. Yeah seems like I am going to have to go the torklift route. I am going to go with the simpliest HappiJac tiedowns for now. I was thinks of making a "T" shape, the width of the truck with eyelets that slid into the hitch receiver and use that as rear tiedown spot. Idk, thought

Hey, I have an extended cab long box truck. I’m in NJ but more than willing to ship. No big deal. Let me know if they would work on your truck. I hate to see expensive things not get re-used. They worked great for our purposes. We hauled a livin lite camper all over the south and west for 6 months before the lockdowns. We are going to get a crewcab for our next adventure truck.

Call or text me directly. I don’t check the forums often enough for that to be a reliable communication.

908 eight five four 9898

Cheers,
George

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears