New to Montero's, need help with keyless remote programming

GAmitsu

Hi,
I just bought my first Mitsubishi after owning nothing but Toyota's for years. It's a 2000 Montero Endeavor, so far I like it, the sunroof is huge. I went ahead and changed the timing belt, water pump and freewheeling clutch solenoid (stuck in 4H) now I'm doing little things like replacing the broken tailgate latch, antenna, key fobs and tuneup. I was wondering if anyone knows how to program the key fobs on these 2000 Montero Endeavors. I can find information on the sports but nothing for the endeavor.

Attachments

• 20140322_191736.jpg
    20140322_191736.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 19

nckwltn

Explorer
mind posting a link to what you found? might be helpful for someone in the future.

Also, depending on what level of overlanding you're planning on.... the running boards are probably one of your next things to remove.

mapper

Explorer
Scratch that, I just found something on the override programming button

Yes, please share. My montero came without any remotes from the PO but I know it had keyless from the factory and it might be nice to regain that feature.

Thanks!

How do you find out if it has keyless entry?

I'm curious if mine has keyless entry ('95 SR). Has all power door locks, but I didn't get a fob when I bought the truck. I asked the local dealership and they said "I don't THINK it has it." Not assuring enough for me. Any obvious indicators?

GAmitsu

And in case something happens to the link in the future

Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.

1. Open the driver's door.
2. Turn the ignition key ON (ON is the position just shy of cranking the engine).
3. Press and hold the programming/override button (located under or at the bottom of the driver's side dash). In approximately 20 seconds the system will start to cycle the door locks and the siren (if equipped) 3 times to indicate the system has entered the transmitter learn mode (DO NOT RELEASE THE PROGRAMMING/OVERRIDE BUTTON).
4. Press the #1 button (top left button) on the unprogrammed transmitter. The system will respond by cycling the door locks and the siren (if equipped) one time to indicate the transmitter has been learned.
5. All other transmitters (up to four) also need to be programmed at this time.
6. Programming is now complete, let go of the programming/override button and turn ignition off to exit learn mode. Test all remotes for proper programming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M2C_PLUS