New to site...early bronco driver!

laker

Been watching here for a while and thought I should post a pic of my ride.Love the site,theres a lot of saweet rides and a wealth of info for decking out a rig!
Any other early broncos on here??

100_0067.jpg

100_0078.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Nice box!

She looks to be in great shape. I dont think Ive seen that color on one before. I really like the modified stock front bumper.

My father inlaw has a '73. Ive always had the itch to buy it from him if he ever had the inclination to sell. They are fun, stout rigs.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I am going to be an EB owner again here in the next month or two. I am buying my 68 back from my brother in law. I bought it when I was twenty in May 1993, sold it about 8 years ago when I was starting a family and he had just married my sister. Now he just bought a family truckster because he needs a back seat for a five year old and he wants to pay it off quickly. Since we had a deal that if he ever sold it he had to give me first chance I am getting it back. Its in a lot better shape too, he spent hours and dollars doing a frame off. I actually sold him my 68 for the good body/frame and a rust bucket 72 for the drivetrain parts and he combined them. Now I have a cummins 4bt and NV4500 in the wings that I am thinking about sticking in. I can hardly wait to take delivery. Looks like the first week of June I will be bringing it home.:wings:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking ride Laker. Welcome to the website. Your Bronco comes from the time when Ford made a wicked 4by4. Solid front axels are the way to go. Also I would like to comment on Dsw Broncos. They also look wicked. Enjoy the site Laker. There are lots of friendly people here to give you any help or advice you need.:ylsmoke:

TKSC01

Adventurer
Wonderful trucks

Not an Early Bronco nut but a Bronco NUT just the same! I have been feeling the urge to buy one lately though! WELCOME!

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I usually prefer the larger of the Broncos, but I have been thinking about a this vintage instead of a CJ5/7 for a trail toy.

Can anyone tell me the stock wheelbase?

-

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I've come close to building an EB for a good friend of mine. Here is the concept I worked up....

broncobodymods.jpg

broncosnowconcept.jpg

The body was going to be highly modified. The fenders stretched and raised, vertically sectioned, body dropped on the frame, chopped half cab, etc. The wheelbase was going to be about 100". Mix is a little pre-runner suspension stuff. I think he had all the parts sitting around rotting away last year. It a shame, it would have been fun to build.

laker

Thanks guys,i see I am not the only EBer out there! Those are some wicked nice rigs to boot. I have a sentimental connection with little truck as I inhereted it from my aunt and uncle from Colorado.They had it since new and took great care of it. It has its original paint. I went completely through the drivetrain,installed the 3.5" lift,new tires and rims,modded the bumper,installed the winch reciever,installed the roof rack and lights and cut out a fair bit of rust.
It is a real hoot to wheel around in. Someday i would love to get to Arizona or Utah and safari around like no tomorrow!

GSer

This truck was at my local shooting range last weekend, and it has definitely made me want one. I've been a FJ40 & FJ60 fan since 1983, but I really, really like this Bronco. It was gone by the time I finished shooting, but hopefully I'll get to visit with the owner someday. I would like to know more about it.

1258269594_HbT5n2W-L.jpg

1258269626_4XKB5hS-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears