New to site, not kayak fishing though

JonS

Hi guys. I've only been on the site a short time. I found it as I'm in the process of preparing for an extended kayak fishing trip to Baja. By extended I mean at least a few months to several. So I found and joined to get ideas and info on setting up my Tundra for remote area travel in Baja.

I recently sold my kayak fishing business (Kayak Fishing Stuff) and now I'm a full time kayak fisherman. I fish and write about kayak fishing and there's some other things I'm going to be doing within the sport. At the moment I'm up in NJ and I'll be spending the rest of the summer and early fall fishing New England. Then around Nov. 1st I'm heading to the Everglades where I'll be guiding with Everglades Kayak Fishing until April. I plan on staying in the Glades through the end of June as May/June is when the fishing's best there. After Florida is when I want to head to Baja and the length of the trip will be determined on whether or not I decide to return to Florida the following season.

If there are other members of the site who are interested in hooking up and fishing Baja I'd like to chat. I was a fishing guide in the middle 80s there with a Carravan fishing business and ever since I got into kayak fishing I've wanted to get back. Other then a mothership trip with Jim Sammons and La Jolla Kayak Fishing, I haven't been back. I had a great time on the trip but it's not my way of doing Baja. I like camping and having my toys with me and getting away.

The following summer (2009) I'm thinking of taking my travel trailer and a few kayaks up to Alaska, Prince of Wales Island for a few months.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998