New to the forum / New Fullsize Ford

joecrotch

I don't see ******** out there for these for bumpers ... One for $2000 bucks ... That is more that I paid for the vehicle! I may eventually fab a rear bumper with some storage options. It looks like warn makes a hidden winch mount for the front ... Might leave the bumper stock and add one of those with an M8000 down the road?

I was staring at my bumper this morning thinking the exact same thing, a hidden winch would be perfect. I wish we had options for the back bumper. The rear bumper is the only thing on these I hate. There is a guy on Expedition forum that did a front bumper out of a 4x4 square tube. I like the isea but it looks to raw. I bet with a little more effort it could be a good bumper. here is a link http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=15671 it just looks akward in my opinion!

NothingClever

Explorer
The golf photo rocks! Thanks for keeping the Portal real. Best of luck with the new "bread sled". I think the 5.4 would be a pretty good little engine for a family, especially if you re-gear the diffs for heavier loads.

Poohbair

I was staring at my bumper this morning thinking the exact same thing, a hidden winch would be perfect. I wish we had options for the back bumper. The rear bumper is the only thing on these I hate. There is a guy on Expedition forum that did a front bumper out of a 4x4 square tube. I like the isea but it looks to raw. I bet with a little more effort it could be a good bumper. here is a link http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=15671 it just looks akward in my opinion!

Link isn't working for me....

I will figure something out for bumpers... maybe a rear tube bumper, and a stock front bumper w/ a hidden mount, and a pre-runner bar? Beats me, but it won't be an abortion of a 4x4 square tube setup...

It may take me a while as funds are limited, but it will happen someday!

Poohbair

The golf photo rocks! Thanks for keeping the Portal real. Best of luck with the new "bread sled". I think the 5.4 would be a pretty good little engine for a family, especially if you re-gear the diffs for heavier loads.

Glad you like the golf photo... here are a few others to keep you entertained :)

284387_10150729370210062_617245061_19529065_6983844_n.jpg

281815_10150729368195062_617245061_19529032_5939752_n.jpg

Madmaxwell87

Observer
Link isn't working for me....

I will figure something out for bumpers... maybe a rear tube bumper, and a stock front bumper w/ a hidden mount, and a pre-runner bar? Beats me, but it won't be an abortion of a 4x4 square tube setup...

It may take me a while as funds are limited, but it will happen someday!

You can use any 97-03 F150 bumper but those are either huge plate bumpers or tube prerunner bumpers. Tactical armor group has some decent plate bumpers that aren't huge but can require a little adjusting to fit perfectly. The problem is that there is a big gap from the frame rail to the bottom of the grille so it takes a big bumper to cover it.

Poohbair

You can use any 97-03 F150 bumper but those are either huge plate bumpers or tube prerunner bumpers. Tactical armor group has some decent plate bumpers that aren't huge but can require a little adjusting to fit perfectly. The problem is that there is a big gap from the frame rail to the bottom of the grille so it takes a big bumper to cover it.

Yeah, I have seen those. I am not spending that kind of $$ on a bumper... those are more than I paid for the Expo... F that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears