New (to us) Conqueror Compact

racingjason

Adventurer
Well after a long drive to Phoenix and back we have successfully brought our new Compact into Canada! It was a bit of an ordeal with over 6500 km (4000 miles) of driving so far and another 1200km to go but well worth the effort. For those wondering where the Compact came from, it was the one that Jeff (agavelvr) was selling a while back. I have to say it was a great experience meeting up with Jeff and Shannon who made us feel at home and were so helpful in getting us ready to take the trailer home. It is nice to have a new trailer and some new friends.

And while I am at it I would like to say thank you to Andy (andyrad) who was instrumental in getting the import paperwork sorted out (his pain was my gain). I had a rather snippy Customs officer who thought she had me and said she was not going to let the trailer in until I pulled out my letter from Transport Canada; a letter which Andy helped me arrange. Things went smoothly after that. It has been said before but the ExPo is a great community!

The LandCruiser worked well and seems to be an ideal vehicle for pulling the Compact. We had it pretty heavily laden and it still pulled well through the mountains and had no issues on the entire trip. (I think I may have to order one of those "I love my LandCruiser stickers") so I think good times lie ahead.

Attachments

• New Rig.jpg
    New Rig.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 254

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
welcome to the family

I think you will love the trailer... our family does.

Sounds like a fun drive home and I love having ALL the paperwork for snippy officals : )

XJBANKER

Explorer
I agree that you will love it. I am sad to see mine sitting in the corner of the garage, but I have to many house projects to work on this winter so the trailer and the Jeep are down on the to do list. Hopefully before spring more will get done on it. That is the best thing is that you can make it just the way that you want it.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Let the adventure begin. Add time to every trip to answer the barrage of questions that you'll be asked.
Dendy

red_5

Adventurer
Congrats on the youngling and trailer. Our Compact has been working out really well for us with our little ones (baby and furry companion).

racingjason

Adventurer
Thanks everyone,

I am sure we will enjoy the new rig very well. Our inspiration was a South African couple we met in Morocco who had a Landcruiser 105 and a Compact. Jean and Hannelie and their two boys were circumnavigating Africa (with a quick jaunt into Europe) over the course of 13 months. The trailer worked well for them so it seemed a natural move when our little one came along. Whether we will have the chance to take it on such an extensive adventure is still unknown but the seed has been planted. We will miss the ability to be inconspicuous and rough camp in parking lots or take a quick nap in the back that we enjoyed in the Dormobile, but we are already attached to the extra room and organization that comes with the Compact.

For those interested, here is Jean and Hannalie's website.

http://ons4.reproroom.com/

Jean Visser

Congrats!

Amazing!!!

In a year you have started a family, converted to a Cruiser and got a Compact!

Congratulations on all 3!

andyrad

Adventurer
And while I am at it I would like to say thank you to Andy (andyrad) who was instrumental in getting the import paperwork sorted out (his pain was my gain). I had a rather snippy Customs officer who thought she had me and said she was not going to let the trailer in until I pulled out my letter from Transport Canada; a letter which Andy helped me arrange. Things went smoothly after that. It has been said before but the ExPo is a great community!

Glad I could help. I have my base camp up the road at off site storage wrapped in tarps for the winter so I can park in the garage. With winter set in there will be no trailer camping and all my 4x4s are sold. I have first dibs on the white 110 with 300 tdi at Britannica Restorations so that should be here in March. Looking forward to spring so if you guys want to meet up somewhere in the middle let me know.

OlympiaFJ60

Adventurer
I love those trailers. I also love the HJ61. What a rig to pull an offroad trailer. Just like you in SA or Oz. You and your family will love it. I was surprised. My wife never really liked camping, even when we had a pop up trailer. With my expo trailer and the Land Cruiser, she can't wait for the next trip. I don't know why, but sure makes all the work worth it.

racingjason

Adventurer
Amazing!!!

In a year you have started a family, converted to a Cruiser and got a Compact!

Congratulations on all 3!

Thanks Jean, it has been quite a year for sure. I will be sure to drop you another email soon... I already have a few questions for you.

Andy, we will be sure to call you as we are itching to get out as well. (Spring seems a long time away) Good luck with the Defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger