New tundra/northstar build

Good Morning I just purchased a Northstar 600SS to use on my 1st gen tundra. I know that I am needing to do some upgrades to the truck it was not happy and I have a plan for the rear lift. This rig is going to be used to get to more remote fishing, hunting, mtn biking and hiking trails. My question today is about mounting the camper. My original plan of using stake pocket brackets is not going to work as you can tell by the pictures. I love how the FWC campers using a turnbuckle mount in the bed but not sure that is a feasible solution. I am curious if anyone else has mounted a Northstar without using the toklift of happy jac low hanging mounts? Any help is appreciatedtruckcamper1.jpgtruckcamper 2.jpgtruckcamper3.jpg

erksauce

I have a first gen tundra and a Northstar 650TC. When I bought the truck, the previous owner had rock sliders installed, I just welded tabs to the sliders to attach the front turnbuckles. I have torklifts for my rear mounts but I’m not a fan of how low they hang. I’ve only rubbed them on the ground a few times though.

mkish

Adventurer
The Torklifts aren't really thaaaat much lower. They do stick out but I've only had a problem with that in...parking lots. (Of course vehicles vary and I don't have a Tundra.)

Are you keeping the jacks on?

Thanks for the replies. I have settled on the brophey stake pocket mounts in the front and happy jac universal to the rear bumper for now. I am going to make a few trips and see how it works. I will be removing the jacks while traveling and building a mount in the rear seat area of the tundra. I am working on a rear seat delete for more storage and plan to mount the jacks in their. I did add a rear deaver add a leaf and new OME shocks. I also lowered the camper off of the spacers that the previous owner insisted i use. I am hoping to get it out this weekend and see how everything works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998