New Tundra Release

Clutch

<---Pass
but my personal money is no object dream truck, would be mine with the 5.7 from the big Tundra, with all the running gear. Big, bulletproof differentials, better transmission, etc. Tie it together with lockers and a long travel suspension, and I'd be one happy camper.......

Yes! The 5.7 will fit....with a super charger...

34755999.jpeg

MotoDave

Explorer
I agree the 4.6 in a tacoma would be killer. In fact, I'd buy one. For now I'm more than happy with my 4.6 Tundra.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Yeah, from the spy photos they seem to be going in the wrong direction. It's too bad, you may be on to something with the Chevy. There is one more item I neglected to mention on my wishlist:
7. Electronic rear locker, Ford and Nissan already have these, does Toyota want to compete, or not?

x3

Also don't care for Toyota's new look, my 11 CC Tundra is okay, but I agree the cab is too large for the short 5.5' bed. I'd rather have the same crewmax cab (or a little shorter rear doors) with a 6.5' bed, but a camper in the bed actually balances the cab a little.

If the spy/photo-chop is close, I don't care for it, though maybe aftermarket armor will fix most of it?

I really don't like the appearance of the 5th Gen. 4Runner's body, though the nose does look better with a Shrockworks front bumper on it, but that does nothing for the rear.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
That's funny, cause I like the current Tacoma styling over the HiLux. The body lines are OK, but I think the grill and headlights is just horrendous. Back to the Tundra, I think all the fullsize trucks are suffering from excessive bloated styling.

+1

The second gen Tundra looks obese. It could be a bit more svelte. Running gear is top shelf though.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Sad we judge the girl on her looks....she is pretty on the inside...;)

If by inside you mean inside sheet metal but outside the cab I agree...if you mean inside the cab...well...I think the dash of the Tundra is blegh...big and cheap looking compared to other toyotas...

Clutch

<---Pass
If by inside you mean inside sheet metal but outside the cab I agree...if you mean inside the cab...well...I think the dash of the Tundra is blegh...big and cheap looking compared to other toyotas...

More thoughts in song format...

...the Tundy may not be the sexiest thing, but she'll take of you.

p nut

butter
Anticipation is peaking right now, but I've got a bowl of cookie-dough and 50 First Dates ready for the big let down.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I think Toyota is crazy if this Tundra is just a refreshed version of the old one. It better have new motors, better fuel economy and and a complete new interior at the minimum. People love Toyotas, but that only goes so far.

dnorrell

Adventurer
Anticipation is peaking right now, but I've got a bowl of cookie-dough and 50 First Dates ready for the big let down.

Ha! Yes, that. I had an '07 DC that I do miss; poor thing got totaled the day after Christmas in '08 (rear-ended). That said, I may love my Tacoma more.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
It better have new motors, better fuel economy and and a complete new interior at the minimum. People love Toyotas, but that only goes so far.

Those 3 things all come in under the hat of "refresh". The interior is supposed to be loads better and they are promising at least one new engine, which I expect will be the 1GR-FSE. Since the 1UR also comes in a DI version, it also may well make it to the Tundra. Fingers crossed on an 8spd trans to go with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle