New variation on the AR Rifle

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Just saw this today, Para Ordnance USA is bringing the ZM LR 300 Rifle to the mass market under their own banner.

Click here for the Para USA Tactical Target Rifle, there is a link for a video on the first page. I like the low recoil and the ability to have a folding stock - something I always felt was a shortcoming of the original AR design.

Time to start saving $$$ :ar15:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
They moved the internal workings that deal with recoil up into top of the receiver. The receiver is a bit taller than your standard AR. Then they moved the rest of the recoil management system out over top of the barrel. There is a video attached to the Para USA site, that shows them field stripping the gun. You can easily see the modification once the gun is apart. The ZM design has been around for years, I think it is great a major company is getting to put it out in mass market.

One review I saw on the Para USA TTR indicated the gun shot cleaner than even the new gas-piston mod that is the current favorite in the AR community.

Looks cool but I will be getting one of these once they start making them:

http://www.magpul.com/tech/masada.html

http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/masada_technote.pdf

IMHO this will be the ticket and blow both the traditional AR/AK models out of the water.

Magpul sold the rights to the Masada to Bushmaster, and so far all it's vaporware. It was supposed to come out over a year ago, and still nothing :rolleyes:

I wonder if YHM sold the rights to LR-300 or is just licensing it to Para?

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I like the MagPull design, might even buy one if it ever hits the market. Never can have too many guns in the collection....probably get the AK version.

I do think that Para USA bought the rights to the design from the company, if you read on the LR 300 page you see the contact information has been changed to that of Para USA.

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
Never can have too many guns in the collection....

Amen Brother!

Bagheera017-1.jpg

A slightly old picture... doesn't show the (2) LMT M4's, (2) Colt LE6920 M4's and the new Colt LE6940 Monolithic M4 I picked up post-election.

Then there are all the guns at the office: M16, M240, M249, FN SCAR, etc.

- DH

* Yes, that is my HK416 "work gun" snuck in the photo as well.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Amen Brother!

A slightly old picture... doesn't show the (2) LMT M4's, (2) Colt LE6920 M4's and the new Colt LE6940 Monolithic M4 I picked up post-election.

Then there are all the guns at the office: M16, M240, M249, FN SCAR, etc.

- DH

* Yes, that is my HK416 "work gun" snuck in the photo as well.

:Wow1: :drool:

Nice collection! Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears