New VDEGs: Vehicle-Dependent Expedition Guide

Scott Brady

Founder
The prices of the used/out of print Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guides are getting up to that $3-400 range again, which limits access to this valuable resource and in many cases, genuine overlanders cannot find it in support of their trip.

So I have worked with Tom Sheppard, along with the RGS to commission the books revision and reprinting. This is not a major revision, like 2.0, but a freshening, including some new vehicles and technologies. It will be version 2.1. It also has a new cover, mentions the arrival of Overland Journal, etc.

Overland Video has made a pretty significant investment in getting this book reprinted and we have a small quantity of the books currently in print in England. They will be in the US by mid-to-late May.

I am going to save a small lot for myself (for sales way into the future) and a small lot for future expeditions that will not be able to afford the prices this reprint will eventually reach. That leaves a small lot available to Expedition Portal member and eventually to the general public (if they are not all bought up).

These are going to be sold first to ExPo members as a pre-order reservation. This is a very unique opportunity to buy the VDEG for less than $100. Every other printing has sold out in very short order.

The maximum number of copies that can be purchased by any one household is two. No distribution inquiries. Overland Video/Expeditions West is the sole distributor in the Americas.

Advanced Purchase:
To reserve your copy, send $88 USD, plus $10 shipping and handling for US addresses (will be shipped DHL)

For Canadian orders, send $88 USD, plus $18 shipping and handling for Canadian addresses (will be shipped UPS).
For all other countries, send me an email for an accurate quote.

PRE-ORDERING IS NOW CLOSED.

We do have inventory remaining, but they will be sold at a higher price and through our shopping cart on overlandvideo.com in the next 3-4 weeks.

VDEG_2.1.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
In addition, Tom has confirmed that this will be the last revision to the VDEG. He is working on other books related to travel in Africa (his adventures).

Michael Slade

Untitled
I have the first edition. Tom played a big part in me learning what I needed to do more than just a weekend trip up the canyon.

Having this in your library is essential IMO. Reprinting it seems long overdue. Nice job.

go4aryd

Adventurer
I am so excited to add this long standing reference to the library and to my knowledge base. Thanks for making this happen one final time! :)

(paypal sent).

-dean

DBS311

Adventurer
Is the $10 shipping and handling per set? I am planning on getting two sets and just want to make sure the correct amount is sent.

Scott Brady

Founder
Good question, thanks for asking.

Yes, the shipping and handling is per set. I will credit you back the shipping difference once we have the actual shipping number for you.

We will do that for all of the double orders (less the handling fee, which is per item).

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am working and can't get to a computer (using my phone for this)...please put me down for 2 copies (gotta get the kid 1 now) and I will paypal as soon as I get home in the am...
thx thx thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle