Newly restored Defender 110: the perfect balance?

ARKONIK

header.jpg
We believe this classic Epsom Green Defender is the perfect balance of traditional accents and modern styling. A KBX® grille, WARN® winch and Front Runner® roof rack replace OEM accessories, making it better than the original. The Vintage Thatch leather trim also echoes authentic Land Rover style, whilst the Elite Sports seats upgrade this interior for today’s Defender owner. What do you think?

PR-Template.jpg

EXTERIOR: Metallic Epsom Green body | Puma bonnet | Satin Black KBX grille & chequer plate | Optimill® wing-top vents | Front Runner roof rack with LED spotlights | A-bar with LED spotlights | Front bumper DRLs | WARN Zeon 12KS winch | Black 16" Sawtooth alloy wheels | BFGoodrich® AT KO2 tyres | Ebony Fire & Ice side steps | Rear LED work lamp | Raptor Black steering & front differential guard | NAS rear step

INTERIOR: Vintage Thatch Ruskin Inside™ leather trim | Elite Sports heated front seats with central lock box | 3 Premium high-back centre row seats | Bench seats in load area | Matching leather door cards | Black suede headlining & side panels | Black anodized alloy gear knobs & door furniture | Evander 15" wood-rimmed steering wheel | Ice White LED lighting package | Pioneer® Premium sound system with Apple® CarPlay | Air conditioning

BUILD PICS
211018-BUILD02.jpg 211018-BUILD03.jpg 211018-BUILD04.jpg 211018-BUILD05.jpg

Attachments

• 211018-BUILD01.jpg
    211018-BUILD01.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 23

Correus

Adventurer
Huh...what year? I've never seen a Defender with a "Land Rover Station Wagon" badge on the back; have only seen them on the older, Series Rovers such as the SIIa.

All of them I've seen look like the following.

ea547cdffe9a0ba45c9b29051981e570.jpg

6108ziClMGL.jpg

images.jpeg

I know there is a company in the UK that lists the "SW" badge as a "heritage" badge. Intresting....

Correus

Adventurer
Hmm....guess I'll have to take a better look. None that I know of in my area have the "SW" one, they have the one with the vin stamped on it.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Arkonik vehicles are not NAS. They are adding these badges themselves.

NAS vehicles do not have this Station Wagon verbiage.

Correus

Adventurer
All NAS config Defenders either 90 or 110 have that sort of badge FYI.

Can you supply information in regard to this.

Per the info I have:

"The North American Specification (NAS) Defender 110 sold for the 1993 model year carried a badge above the radiator grille which read "Defender", whereas the NAS Defender 90 sold for the 1994 to 1997 model years had "Land Rover" spelled across the top of the radiator grille in individual letter decals. NAS Defenders also carried a cast plaque on the rear tub in the original style of the Series Station wagons with "Defender 110" or "Defender 90" below the Land Rover lozenge and the vehicle's unique limited edition production run number."

AFAIK there are some incredibly rare, early Defenders from 1983, and possibly '84 & '85, that have the "SW" tag.

I also went over to the ECR website to look at their NAS Defenders, none had the "SW" style.

https://eastcoastrover.com/INFOD90.html

Correus

Adventurer
Arkonik vehicles are not NAS. They are adding these badges themselves.

NAS vehicles do not have this Station Wagon verbiage.

Just saw your follow up.

Arkonik vehicles aren't actually know for "restorations" at least not along the lines of ECR, Pangolin, and the such. They are more about "customozing" refurbishments and "bespoke" builds.

Funny - they aren't even mounting the Heritage SW badge in the location it was intended for.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Just saw your follow up.

Arkonik vehicles aren't actually know for "restorations" at least not along the lines of ECR, Pangolin, and the such. They are more about "customozing" refurbishments and "bespoke" builds.

Funny - they aren't even mounting the Heritage SW badge in the location it was intended for.

Not sure where we are getting to that. Never said they were. I am aware of what they do and for whom and to what extent. They have their methods and pricing versus ike and the others. I said was the badge was not NAS nor was it a factory thing, at least outside of the rare early cases you reference. It is a LR part number, and it seems Arkonik are putting them on, that's their prerogative.

The plaque instead of reading Station Wagon instead reads what number out of a series each NAS vehicle would be. 525 total 110s ever imported for direct sale, a few thousand 90s, thus the 110 would be a 3 digit number and a 90 4 digit.

Really only interesting on a NAS 110, given so few extant cars.

SHS14

I like the attention to detail, the look and most of the upgrades. I personally don’t care for those front seats. Thanks for posting up the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12