Nice Custom Expedition Trailer With RTT First $1,700 takes it!

Nonprophet

Observer
SOLD!!

Custom made by experienced fabricator in Portland, Oregon. Solid build quality--he knows what he's doing. Inside dimensions are 44"x66"x24" tall. Dexter 3,500lb axle, spring leafs over axle configuration for excellent ground clearance. Metal lid is hinged at the front and held open by two powerful gas struts when opening from the rear. Custom mounting frame mounted to lid for RTT. Rear tailgate opens to the left. Both the lid and the tailgate have locks on them. Trailer has a removable tongue jack, as well as removable jacks at each rear corner so that you can use the trailer without being coupled to your tow rig. Front tongue jack has the option of a wheel for ease of moving around, or a flat metal foot. Trailer comes with 3 like new heavy-duty 16" trailer tires. I tried running it with BFG off-road tires (tires shown in pics), but it was too noisy and I felt that the traction tires provided zero benefit other than having spares for my tow rig. The trailer tires are top quality, low noise, and the trailer tows really smoothly using them. The trailer just has a rattle-can paint job, noting special but it looks good and I hate having to worry about scratching the paint when I'm out having fun. LED trailer lights with 4 way plug. Rear 2" receiver tube for mounting bike rack or other receiver-mounted accessories.

RTT is a 3 person model with changing room sold by CarTopCamper.com I'm told that it is made in the same facility in China as many of the other popular RTT's sold in the US like CVT, Tepui, etc. I looked at many tents before buying this one, and I've been very happy with both the quality of the tent and their customer service. Both the tent and trailer have had very light use, i.e. no more than 10-12 nights usage, changing room has only been used once as you have to use the RTT off the trailer for it to have enough clearance to work properly. We're going with a diesel 4x4 van setup instead, and thus need to pass this trailer and RTT along to someone else. At this point I'm not willing to sell them separately. Local, cash sales only--no trades please. Trailer and tent are currently located in Eugene, Oregon. Email or PM with any questions please.

RTT2.jpgRTT3.jpg

Attachments

• RTT4web.jpg
    RTT4web.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 379
  • RTT1web.jpg
    RTT1web.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members