Nice Defender near Paris France

Wander

Expedition Leader
Nice kit in the back! Was that a former ambulance converted to camper?

I also spotted some nice Canon lenses on the console box-looks like a photographers rig.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader

I also spotted some nice Canon lenses on the console box-looks like a photographers rig.
No, regular body 110 (before they were called Defenders). In 3 more years it will be 25 years old and eligible to be imported to the US. Buy it now and put it in storage for a couple years :elkgrin:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
No, regular body 110 (before they were called Defenders). In 3 more years it will be 25 years old and eligible to be imported to the US. Buy it now and put it in storage for a couple years :elkgrin:

Not sure there is a need...

Many vehicles can get a waiver if the owner will only keep the vehicle in the USA for a maximum of five years. If you get that perhaps then once the three is up you can permanently 'import' it. I am not certain if it is possible to do that change over mid time frame, but otherwise it sounds like a good idea!(by no means an expert, so talk to someone who knows for sure before you follow this advice!)

Bullseye240

Adventurer

Pretty sure it is. If you look closly at one of the pics you'll see him in the shot with the rig. And yeah it is real nice. So nice my with said I could get it:wings:.....as long as I paid cash:Wow1::( Oh well off to buy lottery tickets I guess.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Pretty sure it is. If you look closly at one of the pics you'll see him in the shot with the rig. And yeah it is real nice. So nice my with said I could get it:wings:.....as long as I paid cash:Wow1::( Oh well off to buy lottery tickets I guess.

Just sell your wife's car, whats the big deal? ;) :D

Bullseye240

Adventurer
WHAT?!?!?!
Sell the only possibly expo ready 4WD extended length Ford Areostar in Italy that I have ever seen?:Wow1: Bite your tonge!

OK kidding, don't think I could get enough money for an old Ford Areostar to pick up that nice Rover.

And yeah that was my first thought when I saw that rig.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears