Nice G Spotted

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
IMG_1781.jpg

Do not know who the owner(s) are, but I spotted this nicely outfitted G while on my way to an appointment. I wish I had time to hang around and meet the crew...would have loved to get better pictures and an idea of how it is set up inside. Had to settle for a quick picture from my window.

Taken 3 Feb 2015 on the main street in Assenheim Germany

safariguy

Observer
Very nice looking. The tires look as if one would have some rubbing issues when turned to an extreme left or right.

r3run33

Adventurer
very nice would love to find out what shocks etc are on it; keeps us updated very interested. Maybe you have some local (meaning germany) g wagon sites.

LeTechUSABill

Observer
Looks like it might have LeTech Portal Axles.

This for sure is a LeTech Portal axle conversion, lots of LeTech accessories on it, it has the 6 x 6 wheels, LeTech fender flares, and you can see a hint of red of the front 6 piston caliper.

BillTex

Adventurer
geez...I saw "G...Spot" in the title...you had me going for a minute there....

That thing needs some mud on it.

zimm

Expedition Leader
look at the control arm in relation to the center of the wheel. it must have portals.

i have to agree on ANYTHING hanging that far off the side. unless you stick to deserts, i cant fathom having to do anything but improved dirt trails with cans waiting to snag every trunk and branch. one of the Gs weaknesses, is the lack of greenhouse body taper in comparison to say, and fj80 or 100. there just isnt much stand off when off camber.

zimm

Expedition Leader
its got some extensions on the factory flairs, so i bet the offset is about -50 to prevent rubbing, or the portals kick them out another 2-3 inches. flair on flair, is MEH looking, but i guess necessary if you cant get the arctic flairs.

r3run33

Adventurer
zimm I have no clue with these; what do you mean getting snagged on stuff? I currently run a 100 series so I am familiar with them. can anyone else chime in on stuff with these G wagons? I know stuffing biggest tire into wheel well does not help with off roading; hampers flex etc

thanks for the link to LeTech gonna start reading

r3run33

Adventurer
ok so little help here these portals everyone mention; is this just get added onto the axle??? Now from the little reading I did now I see what you mean about the snags on the portal parts and stuff.

r3run33

Adventurer
ok I guess they are not control arms; never seen this setup before anyone seen the in action?? in person?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears