nissan frontier long travel??????

frontierjam

hey im new to this site and i love it...
i figured if i had a question this would be the place to ask.

dose anybody now of a place that sells long travel kits for frontier or anything in that area or am i just better off going custom. i am not looking for something to go full blown prerunner i am looking for something that well help from rock crawling to prerunning... so i am looking for something to go all around... or if it would just be easier to go with just a upper a-arm with better suspension???

Yuki_likes_Ska

call Greg at PRG products, he's the man when it comes to Frontier suspension and will set you up nicely. His site doesnt reflect all of his products so calling him is the best choice.

mcm4090

Explorer
It all depends on what year your truck is.
If you have a Gen1 then Total Chaos Fabrication makes a kit. If you have a Gen2 (2005 and up) there are a few ways to do it. You can build your own by just adding Titan front suspension parts on to your Frontier. PRG also has a kit with coilovers, control arms and axles.

AZ-Ted

Adventurer
The Titan front suspension would be more of a mid-travel kit for the Frontier / Xterra.

Definitely talk to Greg at PRG about using a Titan mid-travel kit for the Frontier (which would be a long-travel kit for the Fronty).

mcm4090

Explorer
The Titan front suspension would be more of a mid-travel kit for the Frontier / Xterra.

Definitely talk to Greg at PRG about using a Titan mid-travel kit for the Frontier (which would be a long-travel kit for the Fronty).

True.

I don't know if the Titan mid-travel kit would work on a 4x4.

frontierjam

i looked on prg and it said that it will work on the 4x4 frontier but they dont have lengthened front axel shafts available... dose anybody know where i could get lengthened axel shafts????

Yuki_likes_Ska

i looked on prg and it said that it will work on the 4x4 frontier but they dont have lengthened front axel shafts available... dose anybody know where i could get lengthened axel shafts????

Gregs site isn't too up to date... your best bet in what you need/want would be to call him.

mcm4090

Explorer
That is the frontier mid-travel kit you are looking at. Yeah that site has not been up dated in a long time. On their they only have 2 choices for coilovers but If you look at Yuki's build thread you can see he has those massive King coilovers. :drool:

Also if you have 3.36 gears in your truck you can install a Titan front diff and titan axles. It all bolts right in with no modification.

frontierjam

how much would it cost to get a titan front dif for my frontier?? why is it better so put the titan front dif in the frontier because i have seen a lot off people do it but i dont now that much about it...

mcm4090

Explorer
how much would it cost to get a titan front dif for my frontier?? why is it better so put the titan front dif in the frontier because i have seen a lot off people do it but i dont now that much about it...

You can find a used one for $400 to $500 and I think a new one goes for $2000.
The front diff on the Frontier and the X is the R180 diff. The ring gear is 180mm. Titans have the M205 diff. The ring gear on that diff is 205mm. Ever thing is lager and stronger on the M205. Also if you are doing a mid-travel kit, the axles for the M205 are lager then the R180 axles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online