Nissan Patrol Y61 buildup

Touring4x4

Adventurer
JP

I have the same awning but branded as Ironman4x4. Here's my install thread if its any help.

Took me about an hour on my own. I used an occy strap to hold one end up while I fed the bolts through at the other end. Only put the nuts on a couple of turns to allow enough movement to get the others in.

Easy install and easy to erect. 8)
Took some piccies of the install.

String line to get it straight
awn1.jpg

awn2.jpg

Drilled (6.5mm for M6 bolts) and deburred
awn3.jpg

Fitted double nylocs to the front and rear points. Single nylocs to the middle bolts. Just coz. :lol:
awn4.jpg

All done and erected.
awn5.jpg

awn6.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
Oh yes Andrew , that's it my bloke !!
I was worried about the mounting brackets and so on , but you just cleared it , I have the ARB rack and will drill it to mount the awning just like yours. Thanks so much for clearing the issue !! :victory:

Touring4x4

Adventurer
Oh yes Andrew , that's it my bloke !!
I was worried about the mounting brackets and so on , but you just cleared it , I have the ARB rack and will drill it to mount the awning just like yours. Thanks so much for clearing the issue !! :victory:

You're welcome. Happy to help. :)

jpvm

Explorer
Finally got my ARB Awning 2.5 mt (it took 7 days to arrive form Spokane, WA to Santiago, Chile) , and installed like my mate Trackta said. Well designed and cool product. Now I'm ready to go on summer vacations to watch the Paris Dakar Rally in northern Chile ....

dsc06167x.jpg

dsc06168k.jpg

dsc06177e.jpg

dsc06182o.jpg

dsc06183l.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
Your rack looks shorter than mine. Must be the 3/4 length one. Mine is 2200mm long.
Be careful not to catch the front of that awning on low branches.

Lucky boy. I'm jealous. :smiley_drive:

You're right , you rack is longer :Wow1: , didn't know and I thought mine was the "long" one.... well , the awning is the 2.5 mt long and is securely bolted (no flex of any kind at the cantilever ends). Yes, my rack is already taken some "work" with branches , so I'll look carefully not to catch branches once "on the road" with the awning.

Maybe this will be the next tool in my Y61 ....

99497_stihl_ms_660_magnum.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
A shot from the other side where my new Hilift jack is securely fitted to the ARB roof rack. Those Hilift clamps (1-2") are bombproof(although not theive proof).

dsc06163i.jpg

dsc06160jy.jpg

dsc06158z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears