Nissan Patrol Y61 buildup

Bosvark

"Really the 4 door Y61 is a world traveller, rock solid, spacious, good clearanced and very reliable off roader ...no matter this , there are a lot of nicer, more economic and more modern rigs, so you shouldn't envy this whale, it is still very heavy (5.500 lbs dry), slow (100 mph) and sucks a lot of fuel (13 mpg at most with 35" at 75 mph on the highway) ... but I don't know why, I wouldn't trade it for anything else "

Hi JP
Very Nice Truck Mate!!
I have to agree with every word above. Mine is still new to me, only done 3 trips out yet and just start with a couple of mods. Mine is the 2.8TD with EFI and its slow and gulip the juice, but what the heck, so nice to drive.
I have fit some Mitchelin XZL 8.25 R16's,
Peak n Dale 4WD wknd 004.jpg

Kiddies-Poppit Sands 027.jpg

Just very noisy

What shocks are you using?
Im planning to do an Air suspension set-up but looking for good long travle shocks that will work with 13" travel air bags:sombrero:

jpvm

Explorer
Hi there, thanks a lot 4 sharing your rig also , enjoy it , driving an Y61 Patrol is more or less this : when the road ends and the gravel or mud starts , your smile can be hardly ereased with a bag full of lemons !!!

I am using a 100 mm (4") OME suspension system with OME shocks (this kit is sold by ARB an it says that it is only be driven off raod, maybe because of the high center of gravity... I've driven it at 100 mph and it handles ok) , which are real nice to ride and have given me only good times.

jpvm

Explorer
An extra shot, this past February in the great chilean desert ...

patrolnorte2012.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
This is a coastal road that drives for 150 miles in northern Chile between the sea and the Atacama desert where you can find secluded beaches, lonely places , no gas, no people, just to enjoy the loneliness of the open road. Here you need a trustable traveller rig.

img7713p.jpg

Gator

Adventurer
Too bad we do not have the option of a 4 door ute over here. Good to see ya still at it.
Lator.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12