Nissan Photos - post your's

Englandtj

2000 Xterra... Still has a long way to go...

image.jpg

I have been working on some plans for an awning. Gonna hopefully do some light trails and camping on some upcoming weekends. Haven't had it very long but would like to make it more of an overland rig. Money is tight for a college student so it'll be slow going but hopefully fun in the process.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 19
Been following ExPo for about a year now, and really reading the articles and enjoy seeing all the different vehicles and how they are modified and / or outfitted for adventures large or small! So I'm finally adding my rig into the fray. My 2002 Nissan Frontier SC, or as I affectionately refer to it, the "Club Nissan Lounge" has been my ride since 2004. It's taken me from one coast of the U.S. to the other and back with many trips throughout the country. I use it for my daily driver but also for camping, fishing, journeying, and off road adventures. The CNL has basically been stock since the day I got it, with the exception of a truck shell, bike rack, and new tires as they wear out. Only recently have I made modifications to it which I will post at another time. Since I've had the CNL going on 12yrs now, it's getting time to use it as more of an off road expedition / trout hunting / camping rig with modifications to boot.039.jpg039.jpg

Patrollife

Explorer
c25adf1a72719224bcb06b541d86f22b.jpg
61bce9b75205dae67dff47bc21bd15c5.jpg
fba07535222a3f13a657b2aee80c99cb.jpg
4ba0acf1d24d05ef14179f2a85c938ce.jpg
fe81032c578b41f0190e8b9e645f8dc1.jpg
9c792bb23d4044e00daac567453e5863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeling at Hidden Falls, Dritwood, TX.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24056&page=32

Today, I decided to go to San Antonio and had to stop at Hidden Falls for some wheeling.

I had to go via Austin, Driftwood, Marble Falls and down to San Antonio. I went and and had breakfast at Salt Lick bbq and then went to Hidden Falls for some wheeling. Had some fun out there. Took some daring moves, but my Armada handled it all very well.

3Gd7WqV.jpg

LvzPAYu.jpg

Great bbq from Salt Lick. They let you take pictures of the pit.
CSBpwwJ.jpg

ufzPjlO.jpg

After eating it was time to head to Hidden Falls Adventure park in Driftwood. Paid $25 and then it was time to get on the trails.
WLv9mnN.jpg

NBVaJKB.jpg

9oV30f9.jpg

Struggling hard on a ascend, but the Armada did pull it through in 4Lo, VDC off and transmission in 1. Whenever I engage my 4Lo, I most often change my gear to 1 or 2, depending on the situation. I used 4Lo and 1 on a few descents and my Armada could crawl, and did exactly what the Jeeps or FJ cruisers would do in their crawling mode. I did not have to apply the brakes and my Armada very slowly crawled down some very super steep inclines that I thought the bumper would scrap. Well, I think it did a few times.
q4WA0UG.jpg

At the top of the park. Overlooking all the trails in the park.

8V0cooa.jpg

i65YDPi.jpg

Met these guys and fololwed them for a few and they were always worried my Armada would not make at some places, but I still went through what they went through. I don't know why, but I get this same statement almost every time I go on the trails. I always find somebody who is worried my Armada may not make it through the trails. I guess because the Armada does not look like it was built for hardcore offroading.
Well, I followed these guys for a little bit and doing some things they thought I would not be able to do. And then I got to the point that I really could not attempt what they were doing. So, I made a uturn and had to go back up hill on some pretty tough spots. But my Armada did not struggle going back up and I was surprised. In 4Lo and first gear it crawled back up the steep decent I just made.
GIvY1hz.jpg

JDIzfa3.jpg

Last edited:
Nialce to see an armada ou running around. What tires are you running? And are you running a cb?

Thanks...

I am running BFGoodrich KO2. It is awesome on and offroad.

Yes, I do have a CB. Mine is not permanent. It is the handheld Midland 75-822 Handheld CB Radio with the Wilson 1000 antenna. It works pretty good.

This is me at discount tire on 11/08/2014 when I got these tires put on my Armada.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24056&page=21

751D9uL.jpg

OzOVnj9.jpg

4jEXziE.jpg

ZJ6YfGN.jpg

275/60/20 BFGoodrich KO2.
EG1YDy2.jpg

lvfS5zg.jpg

QCbY3Nj.jpg

K8qvGEI.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads