No love for the Axiom or Rodeo?

Incusus

Adventurer
Unfortunately, the check light on the TOD was flashing, which I saw over at Planet Isuzu means bad/expensive news. .

I've not run into an expensive tod issues. Fixed my check tod light way back with a simple sensor swap on the front axle. <30 min labor, about $40 for the part. The only other real problem I've heard of with the tod going out has to do with the actuator getting gummed up from non-use, also a pretty quick fix.

YMMV of course...

Incusus

Adventurer
I tend to think that the trooper was designed for 3rd world countries, hauling around 5 people and their gear on poor quality roads. .

Funny you mention it, I had an interesting experiance getting gas this past summer. The gas station attendant was talking to another guy in a language I wasnt familiar with. When I came in to pay, and when I told him which pump, he began to excitedly speak to his friend again, waving out the window. The only word I caught was "isuzula". Turns out they were both from Congo and thought my truck was awesome because it reminded them of ones from home. Had a long, interesting, and very unexpected conversation in that gas station that afternoon!

Hello,

I just registered today. I participate in the notssmbbs.com forum and the luminous-landscape.com forum.

I am a Honda Passport owner, which is an Isuzu Rodeo with a Honda logo. Actually I have two, a 1994 and a 1995. I routinely load the 94 with a big haul of photography equipment and camping gear. I have upgraded the tires to the 30" BFG AT's, added recovery points, a brushguard, and lights. I have a rubber truck bed liner cut to fit the back with the rear seat down. Although I'd really rather have a Defender 90, this vehicle has never let me down and has gone anywhere I needed it to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan