No-Start Condition - Suspected Injector Pulse Issue

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I don’t think fuel sender, fuel level indicator or whatever, will have anything to do with ignition system…..

GOLIGHTLY

I don’t think fuel sender, fuel level indicator or whatever, will have anything to do with ignition system…..
Ya that's my fault... I read "fuel pressure" and got a little over-eager. Regardless, as soon as the snow stops falling I'll get in there and investigate per your advice. Thank you.

GOLIGHTLY

Apologies for the delay in following up here. Fuel pressure regulator tested, and functioning appropriately.

I have shifted my focus toward electrical items, as I opted to run some basic powers/grounds and ref voltage checks and found a power feed to the ECU lacking any voltage whatsoever (coming from the junction block). I've also got a couple 5V ref outputs measuring slightly lower than they should be. New strategy will be to remedy the failed 12V power to the ECU, and then check whether the 5V ref circuits are remedied or not.

Interestingly, I get no tach signal to the dash, I have an intermittent ELC-4 and CEL light and obviously no start... One of the 5V ref outputs measuring lower than it should (3.48V) is port 51 (white wire), which feed the cluster (tach and CEL), ELC control module, and ignition power transistor.

No closure yet, but now have a clear next couple steps. About to get snowed in for a couple days up here, but will follow-up once I've followed this lead.

jas_mo

Eager to hear what you come up with. I have had similar issues (crank, no start) with my 99 3.0l v6, originally from Puerto Rico. Issues started after a jump start, so I think it is electrical. Shops have suggested a new starter (doubtful) and a new ECM. Others have had success with disabling any anti-theft systems, but I haven't located one on my truck (yet).

I recently watched a video with a similar issue where the truck would start if the fuel pump relay was manually closed, but the ECU would not close it.

Possible that the anti-theft system (a previously covered problem on here) and/or ecu is involved?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior