NOAA Weather alerts? Reliable unit without excessive false alerts?

Sid Post

Observer
I am open to pretty much any brand available from a reliable reputable manufacturer but, Midland and Sangean are the two I am most familiar with. I'm sure I am overlooking good Asian brands that are well-regarded in the HAM and general radio marketplace and possibly some EU-based brands too!

I want something pseudo-tabletop or alarm-clock oriented that is fully functional for a mobile Overlanding trailer or my bedroom! I have tried the cheaper Midland options commonly seen at places like Walmart but, they are a bit like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" too many times! Too many 'nuisance' warnings are worse than none IMHO.

As a starting point, I am looking at the Sangean CL-100 and Midland WR400 models in the ~$70 price range. I will pay more for a better unit within reason!

What are my better options out there?

TIA,
Sid

chet6.7

Explorer
I have 2 Sangean radios that looks like that, no complaints. I have 2 because when I had 1 in the bedroom, I had the volume up so I could hear it in other rooms. An AK tsunami alert when out on the OR coast as well, not a pleasant way to wake up in the middle of a deep sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior