noob, 97 4 door tahoe

KMV77

I saw that last vid on youtube after I searched around. Thats a nice burn out (love the diesel spooling up sound) but thats a 2500, has the 8 lug wheels and should be a 14 bolt.

got my new tires for christmas, no pics yet but will be comming, they are not very expo friendly but they are 33 12.50 interco boggers, so far they do ok on the road, but when i get off in the mud i cant be stopped, well until it stops and digs massive trenchs

Mr Nice Guy

u give us noobs a bad name.... im a true noob here and dream of being able to pull off a project like that.. ima tahoe nut lol cant get enough actually in the market for one for a fixeruper project type thing

nice job on the swap tho real clean lookin

Silverado

Adventurer
6.2/6.5's came factory in 1/2 ton gm trucks . The suspension will be fine.

I'd rather see a P pumped 4bt though...and there are plenty of swapped 88-98's on YouTube

check around on craigslist for one that needs a transmission or motor, you can normaly get one pretty cheap, id do a manual swap again in a heartbeat

Mr Nice Guy

yeah im being really picky tho thats the problem, lol like im looking for a real specific truck as its not gonna be a dd i want one with next to no rust (almost impossible to find around here) and a few other little things

yea this one spent a summer in Detroit, thats about it, ever since then its been down here in ga, no snow, no salt, all the guy ever did with it was pull his bass tracker to the pond, leather, auto 4x4 (witch i deleted) no rear ac, z skid plats, has it all, i love it!

Mr Nice Guy

yeah im looking for one with no rush, 4x4 has to be auto unfourtanatly till i can manage a swap, and i cant stand leather.. the biggest problem im finding is all the ones around here have like 180k+ leather and are ghettoed out and lowerd.. dont mind the rims cause those sell easy but the lowering and miles are a pain in the nuts

KMV77

A lady I work with has a '97 hoe that has 70k on it. It either blew the motor or a head gasket. Shes selling it for cheap, as she doesnt want to fix it. If anyones interested in it I can get a price... located in the suburbs of phila.
Kevin

well guys i got some bad news, the tahoe build will be held off for a good little while, thursday night i got pulled over for the 3rd breaklight out, (yeah cop was an a**) well he got my license and ran them, came back to my truck with gun drawn telling me to get out, i got out and he threw handcuffs on me, he didnt tell me why i was being arrested and i didnt find out until booking, turns out it was suspended license, my mom bailed me out saturday morning as soon as she got the money, so i got out and went straight to the dmv, they told me that my license looked ok, besides a point or two everything was good no unpaid tickets or anything else, so its sunday night and the tow company wants 300 to give me my truck back, i have no money and my mom doesnt either, so hopefuy this all blows over ok and ill get a lawsuit out of the county

Updates!!!!!
Been busy getting my degree in welding and metal fab so not much time to the tahoe, after the rear blew apart on the road I had it towed home and it sat.....Well, the time has come, took my moms truck last night to Lake City to pick up a brand spankin new ff 14 bolt :). Came in a guys mud truck, has a arb locker, poor guy didnt know what he had, the shine hasnt even worn off the thing, wheel studs havnt even been used, he said hes a ford guy and wanted a d60 for strengh??? What ever, 200$ and its all mine!!! Got the local parts house to find what u joint i needed, now im on the hunt for some 15x7 rims....thats seeming to be the hard part, well, pics of the truck in the woods soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman