Norcal Iron Mt. Run.

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
:hehe:
CaliCruiser said:
I bought a set of chains today! Next time I'll use them.

Dan- I think that 35's suit me pretty well, for the trails I do. Rubithon is on the list this year however. . . 35's are about the limit for stock stuff so If I do 37's it's going to get Longfields, ARB locker up front and 4340 Chromo axles in the rear. Plus 37 14.5s are so much cooler than 35 12.5s :friday:

Dylan
Oh snap!:wings: Dude I think you need to down size your tires to 29"ers, because thats all your 3/4 TON AXLES can handle and maybe upsize the axle shafts 50 spline tungston steel and then lower it 20 inches and go back to sprung under,under.:hehe:

Last edited:

AndrewP

Explorer
I enjoyed the pics as well.

BTW Dylan, the stock stuff will break with 35s. I've been there and done that! I broke a rear axle at low RPM in Old Sluice. It totally sucked. For Rubicon, consider at least upgrading the front axle parts, but if you promise to accept a tug if you get bound up, and not try and power out of things, it should work out OK.

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
Cool Andy,

Powering out is definetly not my style, because I figure if I do, everything would start to bust. Right now, I am really close to pulling the trigger on an ARB and longs for the front and go through and upgrade everything. ARP knuckle and Hub stubs, 5th longfield stud added and chromo hubs gears. Rear axles would be a bonus if I can swing 'em. Hopefully I'll get big refund from Uncle Sam this year. . .

I figure I got 5 months :gunt:

Dylan

spressomon

Expedition Leader
CaliCruiser said:
Cool Andy,

Powering out is definetly not my style, because I figure if I do, everything would start to bust. Right now, I am really close to pulling the trigger on an ARB and longs for the front and go through and upgrade everything. ARP knuckle and Hub stubs, 5th longfield stud added and chromo hubs gears. Rear axles would be a bonus if I can swing 'em. Hopefully I'll get big refund from Uncle Sam this year. . .

I figure I got 5 months :gunt:

Dylan

You might want to talk to NorCalSam about his experiences with the Booby Longs before you drop coin...

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
We're talking 80 series (fulltime) vs. 60 series (part time). Hmm, is this a recent issue that has popped up?

Dylan

AndrewP

Explorer
Yep-I've got the Longfield 30 spline axles/birfs in my 40 and premature wear is not going to be an issue. Norcal Sam tried to daily drive his on suspect install/lube practice. They were clicking pretty good after 20k miles. Still, having un-installed and inspected them myself, I would run them on a trail rig in a hearbeat. ie, they click but still look just fine.

D-sometime when you come by, we can talk about the wagon run. It's going to be big, and it's going to be fun. Your plan for a front locker is very sound. There are probably 4 places on the trail where it will make your life much easier. Is a Toybox in the plan?

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
Of course it is in the plans. I was thinking it would be a pain in the *** without it, but might make me appreciate it more for '09.

Dylan.

P.S. back to the completed adventures, Joe post up more pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan