northern expedition build

bftank

Explorer
are you talking about a zero rate block, like offroad design sells, that bolts to the spring pack?

if you were, sorry i was picturing something taller and scarier. even a 2" block can do some damage up front in my experience.

speaking of coils and radius arms, shiryas on here was doing something like that on his f350.

Carson

well ive bin slacking on the old 86! bin busy working on my other toy
jeep041.jpg

Carson

well bin a while since i posted, lots gone on since then. new cabs all buttoned up. swapped in a set of 2001 ford f-350 superduty axles with 3.73.s. also dropped the 86 front clip and updated it to a 96 ford front end, much cleaner looking. my delema now is to keep the box i put on it or put the flat deck back on :snorkel: they would both have there ups and downs. since this is a tow rig and my camper it would be nice to have a cap on the box and build a platform with a mattress etc. put i also use it for working around the house like getting fire wood, picking up parts, hauling the snowmobile around etc. so the flat deck is nice for that. i picked up a cot tent from bass pro so that can be set up on the flat deck with a tarp off the headache rack. the only thing really stopping me from making this a full expo rig is space. ive always has plans of a crew cab and taking out the rear seats, and putting in an arb fridge in there on one side, with a slide out on the other with a box on it for dry food, then the box can be just for sleeping and cloths. but with the single cab everything would have to go in the back and be taken out and stored under the truck or in the front seat. just tryin to figure out my plan of attack lol any input from the experienced guys would be great! heres a quick pic after the front end swap. just needs paint and brakes ans shes ready to go.

Carson

Well picked up a wabasto coolant heater this weekend. Going to put in line with the heater core return and run 2 lines to the box with a small heatercore/ fan unit. Should keep the box toasty in the cooler months and no worrys either on having to plug in the old diesel to a generator

Carson

well got my camper shell on. was originally looking for one that was level with the top of the cab, but ended up going with this slightly older 4" rise one. its in great shape and the extra 4" makes a big difference in the head room, more than i thought it would. its got side sliding window with screens. i actually like having the 2 slot windows in the front, provides a bit more privacy. with the cap on i can get to work on the camper finally!

Carson

Well bin a while since i was on here. Thing have changed alot in my build. After long consideration i decided that a regular cab just wouldent be enough space for 2 ppl and our dog. So i reluctantly sold the diesel. Good news is i picked up something newer that in the long run will be much nicer on the long hauls.

Picked up this 2004 f-150 fx4. 250,000km. Rust free, plans are
For now just a 2" level kit with 3" rear block so it wont squat when loaded up. Replacing all 4 shocks with the rancho rs9000, i like the adjustability in ride quality. 5.4 engine runs like a top, no phaser issues yet. I have my 6bt 12v cummins engine still that was intended for the last build, if the 5.4 craps out i think a swaps in order. Also looking to get a camper shell for it and start the living quarters in the bed. Heres what were starting with

I think the dog approves of the extra space aswell lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears