Northern Montana...

It's been a while since i've posted on EP, but i recently moved to Havre, Montana to attend MSU-northern to pursue a degree in diesel technology.

I recently purchased a new XJ! It's a black 2000 sport, L6, AW-4, NP 231, all power, etc. It's all stock (for now!) and I was anxious to take it out to rally in some fresh powder near the Canadian border and found an old semi-abandoned farm road that led to a neat old church or school house. I didn't have a camera for some reason, but managed to snap a few pics from my cell. enjoy!

0115111450.jpg

0115111451.jpg

0115111501.jpg

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Very cool pics. I nearly attended MSU-Bozeman...Beautiful country up there, enjoy it!! Looking at making a trip through Montana next year. Best of luck with the studies!

cico7

Observer
I have a friend from Missoula, A Grizz Grad, and I keep swearing I am going
up there and play, maybe see AEV too.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
worked in Missoula, Mt for the summer of 2006. Beeeeeautiful country. That and maybe the olympic peninsula in Washington are really the only two other places I'd consider living...

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I live in Montana! About 90 minutes NW of Missoula on Hwy 200 near the Idaho border. Havre looks like they have a lot more snow than we do. We're funny when it comes to snow because up higher in the hills there is well over 100 inches base, but down here in the valley we've got about a foot on the ground. Finding old abandoned buildings like that reminds me of driving around the Nebraska sandhills when I lived there.

worked in Missoula, Mt for the summer of 2006. Beeeeeautiful country. That and maybe the olympic peninsula in Washington are really the only two other places I'd consider living...

I have lived in the Puget Sound area all my life and I can agree that the Olympic peninsula is beautiful. Washington really gets a bad rap because of the rain. In all honesty, it does rain quite a bit in the winter season and can be gloomy at times, but the spring, summer & fall months make up for it. I like to spend my summers hiking and exploring the backcountry of the Cascades.

As for living in Havre, it's been down to -30 F here and i can't even describe in words how painful the cold can be! :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle