Northern Ontario to Inuvik solo ride on now!

zzz150

Adventurer
spent $18 pressure washing the truck in fort providence, and it still looked like total crap afterwards but i really wanted to get the thick caked crap off the bottom.

look at this sweet unlocked cabin! i found 4 cabins on my off road search for a river front campsite on the hay river. turn out this thing was a disaster inside and all the other were locked..

Attachments

• exp153.jpg
    exp153.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 28
  • exp154.jpg
    exp154.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 26

zzz150

Adventurer
so after breaking the passenger side mirror and getting many more scratches on this 2014 truck i finally found exactly what i was looking for, absolutely perfect, wish i was still there like many of the amazing places i've camped along this trip;

and tonights campsite somewhere about 50km north of peace river alberta, just a hill in an old log cut, at the bottom of the hill i couldn't get anywhere due to a lot of slick slimy black mud that i didn't even consider trying.

Attachments

• exp156.jpg
    exp156.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 18
  • exp159.jpg
    exp159.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 20
  • exp160.jpg
    exp160.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18

zzz150

Adventurer
Gourmet meal on the road - nice.

the 2nd burger was just as good as the 1st, problem was i ate them both on day one here... so the next day it went from so very tasty to my discount food special.... 79cent canned pasta sauce, canned chick peas, canned green peas and pasta all mixed together. not so great but got the job done. didn't even have cheese left. so for about $3 i ate for the day and fed my dog some of it also! he had canned meat, so he ate better than me this day.vvone thing i didn't bring was a camping spices variety pack, that would have been helpful for some of my ghetto meals.

zzz150

Adventurer
when all is done and i'm no longer travelling i will put together a completed adventure thread that talks about food and buying food through norther canada, camp locations, roads, gas, vehicle, supplies and so on... hopefully that doesn't come too soon.

hashpie

roger, i'll swing in and see what trouble i can find haha. thinking about hitting the glacier national park of canada before i hit glacier park in mt, so this may be my only time to get warm haha.

i'm glad you washed your truck too, makes me feel better about washing mine. I was in the same boat, and was very tempted to take it to a high school cross country club fund raiser car wash, but decided i should wash it so i could hit the more important areas like brakes and rims to get rid of any wobble from mud cakes....

zzz150

Adventurer
If taking the bc ferries route along the west cost from prince rupert to port hardy is an option for you they have spots on sept 2nd & 4th open. These need to be reserved as i found out today, seems it is very popular. The cost is approx $650CDN. Not exactly cheap but save prob $300 in fuel to offset the cost a bit.

hashpie

Nah I spent all summer on a boat in Kodiak. :) made a promise to a few very lovely ladies to bring them stuff from their hometown near Calgary. Can't break my promise haha.

zzz150

Adventurer
Took a wrong turn yesterday and find myself in central bc this evening. Signal isnt good enough here to connect to laptop, which has been an increasing challenge, not sure if it is laptop or phone not working consistently. Anyway until i have better cell or free wifi there wont be much for updates..

zzz150

Adventurer
You're welcome! Still going! Near prince rupert bc this eve, cold, windy and rainy, sounds about right.

Got a flat after wheeling around a few logging roads yesterday, was having a great time then the tire pressure light came on, sure enough have a slice right through a tread block into the steel belts, after 45 mins the tire was flat. Sure am glad i got a proper full size spare before the trip. Now i have no spare. The tire sadly is not repairable.

More pics to come soon.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Maybe phone ahead and get a tire inbound to Tirecraft in Smithers. They might even have one in stock.

TIRECRAFT SMITHERS
2668 TATLOW ROAD
SMITHERS, BC V0J 2N0
(250)847-3286

Jason

zzz150

Adventurer
Maybe phone ahead and get a tire inbound to Tirecraft in Smithers. They might even have one in stock.

TIRECRAFT SMITHERS
2668 TATLOW ROAD
SMITHERS, BC V0J 2N0
(250)847-3286

Jason

Heading towards port hardy from here, was hoping to got off the pavement on the island, tmrw will be able to start looking into options while im sitting on the ferry

ideam

Hey man! Great to see you made the trip into Southern BC. That ferry ride to Port Hardy will be awesome.

We are in Squamish now and heading back to Vancouver Island on Monday to spend a couple weeks with my folks. They have a couple acres near Duncan (1 hr north of Victoria - 45 mins south of Nanaimo). You and that pup of yours should come stay withus for a night there...great big patio on a lake and you can guarantee the fridge will be full of cold ones! Fire me a PM if you can make it work

Cheers
- Van Halen's Crew

marty1977

Adventurer
Great trip mate, thx for sharing. We are planing to go from Ontario to western Canada on a road trip as well and I'm taking notes :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I really love your thread ZZZ! Some cool looking pics and judging from your text it seems like you are having an unforgetable adventure. As always I am looking forward to your next post. Too Cool!:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger