Norweld users?

Skinhyfish

Observer
Looking at an atoveland Aterra. Have a built out Tundra At moment, going to switch to f350. Wanting to adapt tundra to ford down the road. Tundra has lots life left in it. Norweld looks to be the best option.

Owners been happy with their purchases? Tray holding up?

renottse

Holding up, Yes. First year of ownership you’ll want to do a few wrench checks as it settles in. They creak when wheeling, some 3/16” UHMW between the chassis and cross bars helps.

Happy? It works, I wouldn’t say I was thrilled at how many “opportunities to improve “ presented themselves and were improved.

Don’t bother with the clip on tables with a 6.5 ft bed, the generic boxes they install interfere with the legs so they are not really usable. If you get an 8ft with the long boxes up front they are usable.

Clip on step is great for climbers… dogs, kids, knee replacements not so much.

If you’re getting the slide out at the back make sure the sliders are spec’d with the locking tabs.

The boxes they put on the rear leave a bunch of wasted space. Ask for the ones below, about an inch or so narrower but more length, tell who ever the sales person is that “Yes they’ll fit, Yes you can order them, here’s the number”

1710730314777.jpeg

The cross bars they mount the bed to the truck are generic only difference will be height if you get the slide tray and or water storage . So you might get away with re-drilling holes, I’d personally get a new set.

Me personally, next bed will be Bowen, get them to 86 the headache rack and suck the camper (on full time) right up to the cab, close to 10” of wasted space.

Norweld have a set solution, it better be the one you’re looking for and are happy with.

TonyCatmandu

I don't know anything about the Norweld's but I have a steel skirted flatbed and have been considering one from dropout fab.

Derek might do some customization for you as well. No affiliation.

I really liked the Norwelds and they were one of the only options for a high end overland tray a few years ago but other players are catching up. Bowen, OEV , SherpTek.

07megacab

I had a local(ish) guy make mine. He made everything to the dimensions I wanted. Extremely happy with my purchase. He is Altra Fabrication. I had looked at the bowen beds, but they were about 3x the cost of my truck, haha. We did an 8' bed on our 6.5 bed truck.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1697463190261.jpg
    FB_IMG_1697463190261.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 23

renottse

I had a local(ish) guy make mine. He made everything to the dimensions I wanted. Extremely happy with my purchase. He is Altra Fabrication. I had looked at the bowen beds, but they were about 3x the cost of my truck, haha. We did an 8' bed on our 6.5 bed truck.

That is excellent, removable headache rack?

07megacab

That is excellent, removable headache rack?
Yep, a few bolts that are accessible in the front box. Camper tucks right up to the cab. I don't have any pictures without the jacks or since installing windows (doesn't look as much like a delivery truck now). Havnt really had time to work on this project mutch recently.

Attachments

• 20231026_173649.jpg
    20231026_173649.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 16

renottse

Yep, a few bolts that are accessible in the front box. Camper tucks right up to the cab. I don't have any pictures without the jacks or since installing windows (doesn't look as much like a delivery truck now). Havnt really had time to work on this project mutch recently.

You nailed it, knowing what I now know, what you’ve going on there is extremely functional.

Yeah the struggle for “time to do” is completely understandable, there’s always something.

Thanks for sharing that photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior