Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.

saliya

No It is not plated, I have Japanese Export certificate and DOT /EPA release papers on the way (customs take their own sweet time to sign and stamp them, at least they released the trucks in 3 days though) .I just imported it and cleared customs last week (landed on Aug 1st and Cleared customs Aug 4th), It is Manufactured 04/1991, hence was imported Legally as a DOT and EPA exempt vehicle (all applicable Duty and other charges paid), I am waiting for DOT exemption form HS-7 (25 year old) and EPA Exemption form 3520-1 (21 year old) to be stamped and released by the CBP Customs in Long Beach, My broker estimates EOW or middle of next week they should get them, and I have the Japanese Export Certificate / Title. once you have these 2 forms and the Export Certificate/title it can be registered and apply for a title in any State. however, California Bureaucracy has a Direct Import restriction.

Last edited:

amg463

Observer
No it can't be plated in CA, you can get a plate in any other state though and drive it around CA freely.

Happykamper

Explorer
Yea but no. I have 3 residences in 3 states. If your going to garage a certain vehicle permanently in a state it really does need to be registered there. The probability of a problem is mild. But I for one don't need anything bad enough for even the slightest chance of a problem. Nice rig

haven

Expedition Leader
The For Sale section is for individuals, not businesses. From the rules for the For Sale section

"If you are a company wanting to sell items as part of your revenue generating business...you will need to first contact us to become a contributing sponsor of Expedition Portal."

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/75-Forum-Rules-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

So, yes, we asked the OP about this ad. Turns out he represents a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger